View Single Post
Kaddidle Care 05:18 PM 06-15-2011
I'm still stuck on the OP talking about Zoning. In my town, the only reason you apply to the Zoning Board is to get a variance because something you are trying to do isn't right for the zoning you have.

for example:
I live in a residential neighborhood. Let's say my next door neighbor wants to run a doggy daycare and applies to the Zoning board. You can pretty much bet your bippy that I'm going to show up and diss it. I love animals but I don't want a kennel next door.

Everyone always thinks the worst when the township has to bend the rules (essentially a variance) to allow something.

Most Daycare children aren't outside playing ALL DAY and people don't realize that. Ours can get pretty loud and I allow it for a few moments but then talk to them about toning it down. NOBODY needs to scream at the top of their lungs to have fun. Children laughing and playing is a good sound but they don't have to be obnoxious about it. It's up to their caregivers to keep them at a livable level. If the children refuse, they can play indoors.