View Single Post
Sunchimes 05:46 PM 03-14-2012
I have this 6 week old--well, I guess he's 7 weeks now, I've had him 5 days. Three of those days he slept about 40 minutes all added together and all in my arms. The other two, he just didn't do more than doze for a few minutes. He isn't really colicky because he will sit for long spells in my arms, or my husband's, happy as a bug. I think he gets little bits of tummy ache, because some days he does cry more than others. But, he will not be put down. No infant seat, no swing, no pallet on the floor. Laps only.

I really wouldn't mind sitting in the rocking chair and rocking a baby for 9 hours a day, except I also have 2 toddlers.

Today, I decided that it is time for him to learn that his bed is his friend. He spent about 3 minutes asleep in it before he started screaming. Tomorrow we will aim for 5 or 10!!

I have your schedule on the white board. I swear that every time I look at it, he laughs at me.

He has decided he wants to sleep on his tummy. As soon as we do tummy time, he zonks out. When he has gas, I put him on his tummy over my lap, and he goes to sleep. Silly boy.

This isn't a gripe, it's meant to be funny. I've been pouring over old posts and gathering ideas, so we will be fine. It's just funny how easy I thought it would be to use your schedule.