View Single Post
melissa ann 07:29 AM 09-13-2009
I also believe free play is important. The kids have plenty of that. It's amazing at some of the things they come up with. It's just blows me away sometimes.
The grandfather of the almost 4 yr old, doesn't seem to care. I try so hard to help the boy, because I don't want to see him struggle come school time. Now he won't start Kindergaraten until 2001/2012 year. So he does have time. But, around here, the kids are supposed to know a min. of things. For ex. the alphabet, min of counting to 10, their name, colors, shapes etc. Sometimes, I get so frustrated and think, well if his grandparent doesn't care, why should I? But I do care, that's who I am. This is the same boy who in the past month or so has started stuttering and it's getting worse. The grandfather just said that stuttering is more common in boys than girls. I have never heard of anything like that. But still, I think maybe he should see a doctor. Maybe he has other issues. IF he does, that's okay. It's better to find out now rather than later and perhaps nip in the bud. The boy doesn't go to the doctors either, because he is small for his age. He's barely 36 in tall and weighs about 25 lbs. His clothes size is 18-24 months. The grandfather doesn't like that the doctor says stuff about his size. I think the grandfather should grow up and put the child first. I have told the grandfather that I used to hear it about my son's size. He was almost 11 lbs at birth. So of course, he was only going to get bigger not smaller. For the first year and half, he was off the charts in height and weight. At his 2 yr old check-up, he didn't gain much (but of course is still within the percantage for his age) and the doctor said well, we have to keep an eye on that to make sure he keeps puttin weight on. I mean, first he complained because he was gaining too much and now, for now gaining enough. But still, I make sure my kids get their check-ups no matter how annoying the doctor can be. Okay, so for rattling.