View Single Post
Brooksie 06:59 AM 03-21-2013
I have it in my contracts that during pick up and drop off the parents are responsible for their Children's behavior. I'm not going to step on their parenting. I have a couple older kids that really act out but my others are infants and are always happy to see their parents. But recently I got a drop in kid who is almost 3 and when his Step mom/dads girlfriend picks him up (always the last kid to be picked up) he cries and hides behind me and doesn't want to leave, even though before she walks in the door he says he's excited to see her. I can really tell that it bothers her and she always tries to explain to me that he normally really likes her. It kinda breaks my heart for her, but I just explain that with that age kids are experiencing a lot of new emotions and its just a little separation anxiety. All kids do it at some point, in some way. I have another B/C school age 5 yr old who is an angel for me, and always listens the first time I ask, but he hides from his dad when he picks him up and dilly dallies. He also acts like he cant put his shoes or coat on by himself and despite multiple requests from his dad, rarely listens the first time. I really don't think its my place to jump in and take over, since he listens here so well. Its just kind of like, rubbing it in their face at that point. Like "IDK why he doesn't liksten to you, he's great here" I think it just seems like overkill. Let them deal with it once they are out of the door.