Thread: Sippy-Cups
View Single Post
Blackcat31 05:38 PM 07-10-2011
Originally Posted by Meyou:
Do all your kids really spill that much? I have a spill maybe once a month by the dck's which is considerably less than my own dd spills from not paying attention.
That's what I was thinking too.... I do NOT use sippy cups for anyone over approx 12-15 months. I do things alot like Crystal. The new drinkers (12-15 month olds) get lidded Tupperware cups (the old school kind) and everyone else gets a 5 oz Dixie cup filled to an individual capacity level. I rarely have spills and if I do, it isn't massive and takes very little time to clean up since I am sitting right there with the kids at the table so I am on it like white on rice.

I NEVER leave cups out during the day, again like Crystal, if the kids are thirsty, they ask for water and they shall receive. We stay in the kitchen until their thirst is quenched.

Outdoors, however, every child has open access to water since we have an outdoor drinking fountain that is connected to the water spicket (sp?) like your garden hose. We take water breaks and bring the littles to the fountain on regular intervals but the bigger ones can drink when they please.