View Single Post
Unregistered 10:25 PM 02-18-2010
Originally Posted by Former Teacher:
You never said from what state you were from but I can speak from experience on Texas Licensing. No matter how anonymous the hot lines say they are, they are NOT. I was at my daycare for almost 20 years and every single complaint (not that there were many!) but every single one we ALWAYS knew who it was from. Whether state licensing came out directly or skited around the issue, we always knew who said what.

So if ever you do for future reference want to file a complaint and you do not want it to be known, I have a few suggestions. 1. Block your number before you call. And 2. Be very firm and do not give out your name or any personal information.

P.S. I have absolutely NO respect for Licensing. I think they are a bunch of hypocrites. I could write a book just on the representatives I have faced. That is one of the minor reasons why I am glad that part of my life is over

My daughter is getting ready to file a complaint on a day care and we do not care if they know who we are. The facts are the facts. Furthermore, my daughter or myself would never file a false complaint or make up lies about someone or a business just to get back at them.

However, this situation has involved my granddaughter's doctor's office, who has back up documentation showing they sent a script to the day care regarding medication that needed to be administered to my granddaughter. Today my daughter found out that the day care never gave the medication to her, even after they said they did; they lied that they were giving it to her as instructed by the doctor. My daughter also have a note/letter from the owner/director of the day care, which also shows neglect of them following through by what was said on the note/later.

Here now is what happened: Today the unused medication was given back to my daughter when she informed them that my granddaughter would no longer be returning to their day care. After hearing the shocking news, now they want to act concern and want to know why? Asking is anything wrong? Telling my daughger that she should call the owner tomorrow to talk with her first so they can discuss to see what the problem is. But it is too late, the damage has been done. My daughter asked the charges for the final bill and informed them that she will be back tomorrow (Friday) to pay in full. My daughter normally pays the day care every Monday morning each week. And believe me, their fees are not cheap. Plus this is a private pay and there is no government assistance paying the day care fees.

To explain further, the unused medication that was given back to my daughter today, was all the medication originally taken to the daycare at the beginning, that was supposed to have been administered; however, not one of the dosages were ever used to give to my granddaughter. My granddaughter's teacher even lied to my daughter by telling her she had been giving the medication to my granddaughter and that she did not have any problems administrering it, when in fact she never did - so a straight out lie, right there.

The director lied about not receiving the faxed script sent by the doctor's office, even after she had told my daughter she received it that same day; but yet a few weeks later she had my daughter to notify the doctor's officd again to have another script faxed, and lied and said she never received it the first one. The doctor followed through by faxing a second one, but also have their records showing that they did in fact fax the first one and that the trasmittal shows it went through okay. But still, even after receiving the second fax, no medication was ever administered to my granddaughter.

The director was so bold, that she told my daughter she needed a script from the doctor to give my grandaughter PediaLite when she was sick with a cold (and she probably was sick because she wasn't getting her treatments by the day care staff). My daughter also informed the day care that my granddaughter is also teething.

My grandaughter is now 8 months old, will be 9 months the 23rd of this month. She started attending this day care at 7 months old (she's only been there a little over a month - started 01/03/2010) and look at the problems my daughter is having already.

Just to add, earlier this week, the day care called my daughter while she was in school and said that my granddaughter was running a fever and was not keeping anything down and told her she had to come get the baby. My daughter took off from school, called and got an appointment with the doctor while en route to pick the baby up. The doctor's office gave her an appointment to come in, which was only 30 to 45 minutes later. My daughter noticed that when she picked the baby up from day care, she did not feel warm at all and did not appear to be running a temperature or acting like someone was not feeling good. She was not fussy or anything. Once at the doctor's office, they could not find where she was running a fever at all, even after taking her temperature. My granddaughter was diagnosed as having a minor stomach virus, but the doctor said it was not bad enough that she had to keep her home the next day. She was told to give her the regular formula and the PediaLite. She was also given a prescription for the minor stomach virus. When she took my granddaughter back to the day care the next day, they acted like they did not want her to stay and told my daughter she needed to keep her home 24 to 48 hours. My daughter told them what the doctor said and left for school. When she picked the baby up that evening, my daughter was told after she asked, that my granddaughter had not ran a fever and nor had she brought any liquids back up and was not able to hold anything down in her stomach all that day. However, the next day (Thursday), all hell broke loose and the lies started to roll.

So the complaint that will be filed is being filed because of the lies told by the owner/director and her staff. The fact that the day care involved my granddaughter's doctor's office by having them send/fax scripts that they never followed through on and having them send an unnecessary script for PediaLite (which was said unheard-of by the doctor and others we have asked around). Not only that, they had my daughter under the impression that the medication was being administered - they down right lied and I/we are very angry about that. This problem caused my granddaughter to have to go to the doctor twice, and probably unnecessarily and it's probably due to her not being given the medication properly to get better, causing the healing to be prolonged. This resulted in a second trip back to the doctor.

The Grandmother