View Single Post
Unregistered 10:32 PM 05-15-2011
To the people asking about renting an apartment and starting a home daycare I say BEWARE.

99% of the time it is against your lease to run a business out of your home, even if you have all the proper papers to have a daycare. Most landlords do not allow it for many many reasons.

I live next to an impromptu daycare and this is the most SELFISH THING a person can do. I have nothing against kids, but you wouldn't want to live next to a gas station or a walmart, it's the same thing. Yet I pay a hefty rent to listen to 6 other kids scream.

Not only is it illegal most of the time, your neighbors will not be pleased. Why? Because we don't want to be up at 6am every day with your 6 clients. We have a right to quiet enjoyment of our property. I'm reading threads about "bad neighbors" disrupting your kids naptimes? Seriously? Life goes on outside the parameters of a newborn or toddlers schedule. You want us to be courteous, take it into consideration that your kids are just as loud and annoying as music or a dog barking.

PLEASE take into consideration that your kids and other people's kids are not "special" or "precious" to anyone but you and their families. On top of which you are being PAID to put up with this nonsense and we are not.