View Single Post
QualiTcare 07:37 PM 08-11-2010
i don't think the uniform thing is SO insane...

it's probably in place because so many parents send their kids to daycare in overalls and snap up pants when they're potty training - or send them in shorts and a t shirt when it's 40 degrees outside.

i'm all for uniforms in school because of social reasons. my daughter's school doesn't have uniforms and i'm pretty much obsessed with her wardrobe. i iron her clothes - make sure her hairbows and nails/shoes match. as much as i hate to admit it, looks do matter - not only to the other kids, but to the teachers as well. it can be denied, but it makes a difference - period. i'd love it if i didn't have to iron and take off polish and buy new shoes and make hairbows. one outfit - every day - i'd love it.

sounds like a pretty high class daycare though to have uniforms AND book fees, supplies, etc.

i hate to ask, but i might as well - do the teachers at the daycare have early childhood degrees? they could have extra fees to cover the higher salaries - that's the ONLY reason i could think of. if that's not the case - i see no reason for the extra expense.