View Single Post
Aya477 08:12 AM 08-12-2010
Originally Posted by mac60:
It really is no different than a school system charging book fees, sports fees, making the students wear uniforms, making them buy school supplies, etc. My kids went to a center for 4 years, and I always had to buy the basics in supplies, crayons, kleenex, markers, glue, etc, they gave us a list, on top of that I paid a registration fee each year, fieldtrip fees, and my weekly rate.

It is odd for a daycare to expect uniforms. Probably a higher end neighborhood where they "think" there services are worth more.
Just to chime in, it is true in my area that someone with a degree is paid more. The more degreed staff a center has would cost them more in salary expenses consequently increasing tuition rates. In the state I live in, a person that has a degree over someone who doesn't is at an extreme advantage because that boosts the center's staff education rating which can boost the center's star rating. Also in NC, a person that does not have Early Childhood credentials cannot hold a lead teacher position....only assistant.