View Single Post
Cat Herder 10:27 AM 12-28-2010
Originally Posted by countrymom:
i'm sorry but at the age of 4 you are way to old to pee your pants (I understand the occasional)I don't reward children, I think its dumb. But I will punish you for peeing on my floor if you pee on purpose. Why does everything have to be done with a reward, to me its just encouraging the child to always do bad inorder to get a reward.
Since I seem to be the only one who used the word "reward" I think you may have misread my post a bit. Sorry if I was vague.

The point was to be looking for what the child was getting out of this behavior from the provider that he would not otherwise get. This is especially important if he truly does not have accidents at home. After ruling out medical issues as Nannyde stated.

He may simply like the one on one time and his getting her away from the group? He may think if he does it enough he "will not be allowed back to daycare" as so many moms tell their kids. To the parents it is a threat...to the kids it is a reward to get kicked out. Kids think Mom will then stay home with them....YKWIM? It could be many triggers.... I just try to view it from their perspective for a better plan to deal with the situation....