View Single Post
Blackcat31 08:09 AM 06-07-2013
Originally Posted by LaLa1923:
I don't disagree! I've said the same about my kids dads. However, when my kids are sick I keep them as much as I can. If there is a posibilty of it spreading then I can send them to their dads.
But you have that option because YOU choose to keep them. Personally, I would send them to their dad's whether they were sick or not if it was his scheduled time to have them. I've never read a visitation or custody order that includes a clause about not taking the kids because they are sick...kwim?

It's not Ok that my clients come sick, why would it be ok if I allow my kids to be sick with something seriously contagious around them.
Then you treat your DH's children like your own. If there is an illness in the house, you notify the parents so they can choose to come anyways or you choose to close to reduce the risk of it spreading.

I know you said you can send your own to their dad's to reduce that risk, but in this case, these particular children don't have that option but are still your DH's (and yours) responsibility.

I also did not give you a lot of background, for that I am sorry....

Their mother does everything BUT parent!! She almost NEVER has her kids. MAYBE 1-2 days a week at MOST.

Only one time they did not come and that was when we all had rotavirus. That was to protect them from getting it, they were still able to come but we gave her a choice that time.

UGH, if we get it or the DCK gets it I will be absolutely beside myself...
I'm sorry for you, your DH and the kids that this woman is not a good mother but HER mothering habits really have nothing to do with what goes on during your DH's scheduled visitation. Just because she is a bad parent and doesn't spend much time with her kids still doesn't excuse your DH of parenting during his designated parent times.

I also sympathize and empathize with you about the fear of this spreading and being contagious but it is what it is and it really isn't that big of a deal. You do what you can, you take precautions, cover the weeping areas and do a lot of separation, cleaning and sanitizing.

Hang in there.

Parenting IS messy and icky and step parenting can be even worse at times but it still doesn't change the fact that DH is responsible during his designated visitation times..... contagious or not.