View Single Post
partnersaj 07:38 AM 08-27-2012
My daughter is entering Kindergarden and has been with this daycare since she was 18 months. I looked at several websites... (CNN.com had the same info also) and it tells you how much to tip the staff. I also had my daughter give a gift as well. She (mostly myself) made a large container of different chocolate molds. (this way they other kids can have some too.) My daughter was very proud and excited in giving this gift as well.

I am working on a letter to the staff. I haven't written it yet.

Below is what I wrote the daycare as a reference when my daughter was 2 years old.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I feel so comfortable knowing my daughter is in good hands at Miss. Emma's (leaving blank)Childcare Inc. Miss. Emma really cares for the kids she watches and she has wonderful certified assistants that help her throughout the day. She follows a strict protocol to insure all the kids’ safety. In addition, Miss. Emma runs her program like a pre-school. The kids learn so much – respect, manners, speaking, writing and dexterity skills all while they are having fun. She follows the “Mother Goose” curriculum throughout the school year and keeps the parents updated on his/her child. Just to name a few things, my daughter learned about the rain forest and the animals in them. She learned about the environment and the importance in keeping our planet clean. My daughter told me about different ways to “travel” and how to recycle. She knows the alphabet and she can count to 20. Miss. Emma is always having them color, sing, exercise, write, use the computer and participate in crafts. My child is always bringing home crafts that she did during the day. She is only 2 1/2 years old!

During the summer, Miss. Emma has them participate in lots of fun activities. She has a play ground on the premises which is safe for the kids. They have picnics, use a water slide and a water box, they have quiet time where they read books, color and the list goes on.

I can’t speak highly enough about Miss. Emma’s child care services. She is truly an exemplary woman who takes her job seriously. She is well loved by the students and parents.

I thank Miss. Emma for watching my child as if she were her own and for giving my child quality educational experiences she will benefit from. I have confidence my daughter is well taken care of while I work a full time job.