View Single Post
LysesKids 10:01 AM 12-30-2016
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
Most of the time they do not declare their income. Which is illegal, so on top of a person breaking the law, they could (SHOULD) be charged with tax evasion.

TO PARENTS READING NOW OR IN THE FUTURE: If your daycare tells you that you can't claim it on your taxes- they are operating ILLEGALLY. Give them a W-10 and they are REQUIRED to fill it out. If they refuse to do so, there are directions on the W-10 on how to file and claim it regardless, and how to report the provider for operating illegally. Keep track of your daycare expenses yourself.

I am getting a LOT of calls from parents seeking childcare because their daycare is saying "Oh sorry, you can't claim it with me."

If a person is lying to the IRS, and evading taxes AND/OR running an illegal business, I question their integrity and wouldn't want them watching my children.

It doesn't MATTER if you AGREE with the laws, you are still required to follow them.
No offense but all of the legally unlicensed childcares I know, including myself, DO claim wages & pay taxes, we do not work under the table as you state so please don't lump all unlicensed providers together because we are not all illegal; I have paid taxes on all my businesses for 30 years - here in TN I can run legally licensed exempt and I claim my income & my parents still claim the childcare credit.