View Single Post
Unregistered 12:25 PM 09-19-2012
I am very concerned about this. I have read about the negative effects of inhaling bleach fumes.

I have a three year old son who goes to daycare and his father became concerned about the strong smell of bleach in the room when he picked up our son. I brought it to the director's attention and said that I was not upset about it, just concerned about the kid's health. She told the teacher who I was, by name, and said what I was upset about. The teacher then tried to get into a verbal brawl with me about how the solution is state regulated. My argument is not against the use of the bleach, or against the solution strength. I simply wanted them to use the bleach when the children are NOT in the room (such as when they are outside playing or after they have all left for the night). I see that one comment stated that staying over time to clean the rooms is out of the question (which is also what the teacher at my son's school said). That is completely ridiculous. I have stayed and finished up my job (unpaid) at many places of work. I am a high school English teacher that gets paid from 8am- 3pm and THATS IT. That does not count the five extra hours I spend each day grading papers and preping for class. These are small children, if you are interested in working with them YOU SHOULD CARE ABOUT THEIR HEALTH AND WELLBEING. PERIOD.

Clean the classrooms with bleach when the kids are not in the room. End of story.