View Single Post
MrsSteinel'sHouse 09:27 AM 11-13-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I have a good one about "parents today"

I have a family who's cat died in late September/early October. Passed away while child was in care.

Parents are choosing to NOT tell the child because they don't want the child to be upset. Child is 3.5 yrs old.

So when the child asks about the cat, where is the cat etc...they say "Oh, I don't know. He must be outside chasing mice or something. He'll probably come in later on." ANYTHING to redirect and deflect.

Then the mom tells me that they are even keeping the cat's food and water dish out so the kid doesn't catch on.

I'm sorry but
LOL!! Ok my dd is in college 3 hours away. "her dog" is getting old. When she came home for fall break it was late at night and the dog was upstairs asleep. I guess Kate was sitting in the chair when she all of a sudden looked around and asked her dad, "is Bella dead??" He said no, just upstairs. We joke if she dies while she is at school we are going to have her stuffed and move her around the house in photos to send her. I was on the phone with her once and Bella barked and Kate said, good so Bella is alive. I promised to never tell her at school if she dies...