View Single Post
christinaskids 08:59 PM 07-10-2011
Anyway, back to the original post. It took me about 6 months to really build up my business. I took kids and still do for 24 hours a day during the week and I also took on part time kids until my business got going better. I also relied on my husbands income to really pay the bills until I got going better. I did not start my business until he had a good income or we had enough money saved to pay bills for about 6 months. I would suggest to take the part time kids until you get more fulltime kids. I advertised for both, then when I started filling up, I advertised for fulltime kids only. U gotta do what you gotta do to get going until your business finally starts going. Just make sure your daycare is marketable, you are presenting yourself as trustworthy, u are licensed and you have lots of toys and activities available for kids. My daycare parents really like that I take my daycare kids out for trips often.

And yes lady, I do it for the money to provide for my 3 children. I also do it to watch my son grow up and mostly to be an available parent to my 2 stepchildren who had a mother that abandoned them many times. I felt it was important for them to have a parent around often to help 'heal' from their abandonment. I really don't know anyone that works for free.