View Single Post
daycare 11:26 AM 05-02-2013
So i am considering taking a younger child than I normally enroll.

The thing is, is that I require the child to be able to walk and self feed before I will allow enrollment.

The child is 9 months right now, but will not need to enroll until they are 13.5 months old. Which is perfect timing as I will have kids age out of my program into kinder leaving spots open.

Normally I would just charge a holding fee to guarantee the spot. But with this situation, we don't know if the child will be walking and self feeding at that time, so I won't be able to guarantee the spot to the family. I would hate to charge them, hold the spot and then on the start date we can't move forward because the LO is not walking or self feeding. ANd it's not like we can force or pressure the child to do these things.

So what should I do? The family liked my program so much that they are actually considering moving their older child age 3 from her private preschool academy to my program too, so it would actually be two kids not just one. I would really like to be able to work this out.

Just now sure how.......
any ideas or suggestions????