View Single Post
Annalee 12:40 PM 01-12-2014
Originally Posted by Leaka79:
I'm a provider and what parents sometimes forget is you expect me to hold a space for and extended amount of time without any form of payment. That's like telling your mortgage company "Hey I'm gonna be on vacation for a couple months so Im not going to pay you" well good luck with that cause you may not have a home to come back to. Same thing applies to childcare. I give my teacher parents two options… 1- They continue on as normally pay the regular rate and can bring the child when they wold like. 2- They terminate their contract and do a drop in basis which they call ahead of time and if space is available they can come and only pay for the days they attend. When fall rolls around if they spot they had is still available they re-sign a new contract and back to normal. However they take the chance of not having it available.
I have one client with the school system at this time and she pays all summer, mails me the check each week. I have kept all four of her children and have two right now. I explained that if they took the children out, then the spot may or may not be there in August, but she has never took that chance.