Thread: Holding a Spot
View Single Post
BBurris1 12:49 PM 12-30-2015
Originally Posted by laundrymom:
I would require a two week non refundable holding fee. Not a typical deposit, plus a (say $ 30-50)weekly maintenance fee to keep spot. At time of enrollment I would require a two week deposit to be used towards the last two weeks care, after required notice, not dependent on attendance.
I would be sure to send a nice gift when baby is born as well. To cement the relationship and bond.
This sounds like a perfect plan. I used what Childcaremom shared and have come up with this:

This is to confirm that I wish to enroll my child, ________________________________ in childcare starting on _______________________.

I understand that a non-refundable holding fee of $__________ is required to hold this spot for my child, commencing on _________________. This amount will not be applied to your child’s future tuition.

Please note: This holding fee is non-refundable. The fee is to hold your child’s spot. If you decide not to enroll your child, the fee will not be refunded.
I also require a maintenance fee of $25 per week to be paid by 5:00pm Friday for the upcoming week in order to keep holding the spot. Failure to make these payments on time will result in forfeiting the position, holding fee, and weekly maintenance fees paid.
Please fill in below and return to guarantee your spot being held. Thank you!

I have read the above information and know that if I decide not to enroll my child on __________________, I will forfeit the entirety of the holding fee ($________) and all weekly maintenance fees paid.

I would also take a deposit of 2 weeks pay when they are enrolled and beginning care. Is that too much to reasonably expect? $340 non-refundable fee, $25/ week while the position is held, $340 deposit (that will be used for the last 2 weeks of care) when contract is signed, and the $170 for the first week.