View Single Post
Blackcat31 02:24 PM 04-03-2017
Originally Posted by Mom2Two:
So one of my moms has changed her schedule four times in the past year. The changes have mostly been understandable: new responsibilities at work...grandma not being consistent on which day she wanted to watch grandkids...trying to work out care for dcb who is starting K in Fall.

But I'm a bit maxed out with the changes and I was thinking to go weekly with this family to cover the fact that they have not been coming consistently on Thursdays, but I have three families who want the two Thursday spots I have available in Fall.

But then today dcb says "I won't be coming here in the Summer." What??? I text mom and ask if she knows what days she wants in the Summer, and she tells me that she is doing nanny-share for the Summer, but would like to be here in the Fall.

Well with all the changes, I don't feel like I can take her word for it, and I feel like I need to protect myself. I immediately texted mom back and asked if she was willing to pay to hold the spot open for Fall, and she said she understood and asked how much.

So I need to think of how to cover myself for possible Fall no-show and also to cover myself now for the flaky Thursday thing. And what to tell the other two families? I was leaning towards giving this family one of my Thursday spots, but now I don't know.

I'm thinking to go weekly now (like NOW) and to ask for at least one month non-refundable deposit for Fall. What do you all think?
Personally I wouldn't want her back at all with all the confusion and schedule changes she has going on.

ANY time someone wants to short me money so they can save (using alternate care in the summer) money it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

I am not saying they need to be loyal to you no matter what but multiple schedule changes and temporary withdrawals is tooooooo much drama for me.