Thread: Lingering DCD
View Single Post
Unregistered 10:10 AM 02-03-2011
I have a family with 3 kids. The oldest has a different dad then the younger two. This dad drops off half of the time but the child is completely different. He is 4 years old and loves it here but when his real dad drops off he is super clingy to him and cries and says he doesn't want to stay. The dad completely feeds into it and tickles him and sticks around. Today after 15 minutes of trying to unhinge him from his the dad walked out the door, then peeked in the window. Saw that dcb was still looking and came back in. UGH! Seriously? Another 15 minutes went by and the exact same thing happened. I don't want to actually tell him to leave because you are making it hard on dcb and me but he is! I just keep telling him every time he drops off that he's fine and plays as normal as soon as he leaves. This happens everytime he drops off! When the step dad or his mom drops off he comes right in and barely even says bye to them. The dad also will call him names like poopy-head or stinky-butt that dcb gets in trouble if he says here. How would you handle this?