View Single Post
Thetotspot 06:22 PM 06-07-2013
Seven years ago I found a spot of ringworm on my thigh right above my knee in the back. I have no idea how I got it. Yes, I was mortified. One of the cats ended up getting it as well. We did seclude the cat as you cannot control what a cat does and does not touch with the affected area and we didn't want our daughter to catch it. However, the only other precaution I took was to cover the affected area (I placed a bandaid over the ringworm and wore pants...LOL). Nobody else caught it. It takes a bit to go away and heal, but other than that there is nothing to it. Yes, it can be highly contagious if it is uncovered. If you are worried the child will remove the bandaid, you could always use a piece of pretty colored "horse wrap" to cover the bandaid. I really do feel that you are overreacting, it really is no big deal. Let your husband take the kids home with him!

Now, pink eye on the other hand, uh uh. We did have an incident at our daycare once where there was a pink eye scare. Once the parent told me, I told the parent that none of the children would be able to come into the daycare until the affected child had been on drops for 24 hours (because you can NOT stop a toddler from getting those germs everywhere, you would have to follow them with a bleach spray bottle!). Turned out it was just that, a scare, and the child was not affected, and they returned immediately. But not after I had already literally done infection control on the whole place. LOL!