View Single Post
Former Teacher 03:54 PM 02-21-2010
It is 100.4 here in TX. State reps have been known to demand that a child's temp be taken right there in front of them.

Our center policy was basically the same thing from what I am reading. Fever free 24 hours etc.

I can write a book about the number of parents that would pick up their child at 4 p.m. and yet still be there bright eyed bushy tailed at 7:00 a.m. with their child.

Another example: One Monday morning no one was there yet I, for whatever reason, decided to look into the infant room log book. I saw that "Logan" was sent home Friday afternoon with a fever of over 102. Logan normally came into the center around 8:30. This Monday, he was there at 6:45 a.m. because she just had to be at work early. I went to take Logan from her and he felt very hot to me. I said to the mother that Logan felt warm to me. The excuse? "it was hot in the car". I said "well I am going to take his temp to be on the safe side"...and.."more so since he went home Friday". Mom was furious. She ranted and raved about how it was over 48 hours and he had no fever yadda yadda yadda.

Meantime I was taking Logan's temp and sure enough it was almost 101. I told mom that I couldn't keep him. Mom said for me to give him Tylenol. I said 1. I can't because I needed a Dr.s note and 2. she still needed to take him home. The earliest he may come back is Wednesday, provided that he didn't run a fever.

We received a call later that day. She was going to be coming by to pick up his belongings because she didn't like our policies and we weren't understanding that some parents had to work to pay their daycare bill!