View Single Post
nannyde 07:21 AM 10-03-2011
It's a tough one.

There's not really a market for it where I live because the kids are sleeping during that time. It's not hard to find someone to watch their kid for cheap if the kid is sleeping.

I did 24 hour care for about 15 years and I never got a purely overnight kid. I got a few that were after school to early morning but only a handful.

Most people who want overnight care also want you to keep the kid till noon (nap time) so they can go home and sleep. Noon pick ups basically mean still giving a lot of hours of awake time. Noon pick ups also translate into a LOT of times they just don't come and get the kid and you can't get ahold of them. Once you do get ahold of them it's many hours later and they have the alarm clock overslept excuse ready for you.

You also get many requests to keep the kid up really late. Any time there is anything special like Friday, Saturday, or holiday, vacation etc. the parents and child want a really late bedtime. If the kid is not in school they want a really late bedtime a lot.

They want the kid to sleep in as late as possible in the morning.