View Single Post
C'est la vie. 11:16 AM 09-17-2011
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I was loving your whole post until I got to the last line and went . I am not sure what the laws are or aren't about that but for some reason that just doesn't sit right with me.
Okay, I've registered now. Why do you have a problem with it? I'm not being mean or torturing the child. I'm getting him to help me clean up his poop. We both have gloves on. We don't degrade the children at all, but I believe that this child (who doesn't want to go pee or poop on the potty, but mom insists the daycare potty trains him) help to dump his poop out of his undies. This child is 3.5 and mom has insisted he move to 3-5 care, but he's not potty trained at home. He's coming along well now that he's finally with his peer group, but refused to poop on the potty. He'll hide and go in his shorts.

I walk with him to the potty. Tell him that poop goes IN the potty. Then we flip the poop out and flush it. Poop doesn't just magically disappear out of his shorts, he has to help dispose of it. What's wrong with that? And I'm sure there are no laws against getting kids to help clean up their messes.