View Single Post
PitterPatter 05:06 PM 04-08-2011
Every year I have an egg hunt in the yard w/ stuffed plastic eggs. Things like stickers, quarters, small chocolates, Mcdonalds free coupons those kinds of things. I also stuff an Easter basket for each child with basically the same goodies in it. Things like Chalk eggs, Bunny ears headband, crayons and easter coloring books, a few candy goodies and a crochet bunny I make with an egg stuffed in him. Inside the egg is more goodies usually something special for each childs likes (maybe a dino or spongebob figure or eraser etc)and more McDonalds free food coupons. The crochet bunnies I make are the biggest hit. Even the parents go nuts. They got so popular I started taking orders for them and usually sell about 50-60 for Easter.

Craft time we make hand lillies for the kids to give to the families. We make a bunch so they can hand them out or just put them in a little dollar vase and give to Mom. Here is the link if interested. http://familyfun.go.com/crafts/handprint-lilies-675224/

We also sing Peter Cotton tail at circle time and read Easter books through the week even if just about a bunny family etc. I tell the kids Easter isn't just about the Easter bunny and Goodies it's also a time to be thankful for Jesus. I don't go far with that just in case, u know some parents may have a preference, I don't want to cause problems. I just like to put the reminder out there. Same with Christmas, I give a lot and tell them it's a time for giving but want to make sure they also know that's not the only thing the holiday is about.