Thread: Non Payment
View Single Post
thatdivalady 01:15 AM 08-29-2012
Originally Posted by EMC2:
thanks for your responses. Child #1 left because the parents enrolled him in YMCA daycare. Child #1 is 6 years old and wanted to go where his friends are going.

We made another copy of the contract they signed and big argument about them losing money because they're now paying for our daycare as well as YMCA. The argument was between parents and my wife. Thankfully, I was at work or I may have blown up.

We eventually agreed to waive the fee this time, but should they "forget" or "didn't know" about the contract agreement when they decide to pull Child #2 out, we would charge them for both children. They agreed and appeared very happy.

Anyone else have this situation? Should we reduce the time for notification?
I personally would not change my policies even with adversity. They were aware of what your expectations were and should have abided by them. If they chose to make a decision that caused them to be responsible for payment in two locations then that is their problem. First of all they should have communicated their desire to remove the child ahead of time, one day's notice is really no notice at all. However, I can understand if you guys made the agreement because you wanted to keep the other child without further issue since they were so adamant about it. Honestly, that's why I charge the last weeks deposit upfront. This way it doesn't matter whether they actually give notice or not, I'm covered.