View Single Post
Cat Herder 06:14 AM 08-24-2011
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I have the same situation in my neighbor hood, but only worse. Dealing with traffic, people parking in my driveway, rude parents speeding in and out of my street. Constant noise, people idling there diesel trucks for 5-10 minutes, the whole situation is a nuisance. If someone wants to have a large daycare, then it's not appropriate in a neighborhood. They should get a facility in a commercially zoned area. I feel for the person dealing with this issue. People talk big when it's not going on next door to them!
If they are parking in your driveway or speeding through your streets give your neighbor a call. Be polite first. Give her a chance to fix it.

I would be on my clients like white on rice for that.

I ADORE my neighbors and would not tolerate my clients going onto their property, speeding through our neighborhood or disrespecting them in any way.

I love the kids and pets from around the neighborhood as well....so the speeding thing would cause me to terminate services for any client who did that. It is part of their contract and I ENFORCE my contract.

The diesel thing is necessary, though. Multiple engine stops and starts are a big no-no with them. It wears them down unnecessarily. Is 10 minutes really too long to tolerate that??