Daycare.com ForumDaycare Insurance Daycare Insurance LIST YOUR DAYCARE!

FIND A DAYCARE!

Facebook


Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Daycare Menus, Breakfast, Lunch and Snack Ideas

Daycare Menus, Breakfast, Lunch and Snack Ideas Post breakfast items, lunch items, and snack items that are all child friendly here. Each posting should include ONLY ONE meal option. The SUBJECT of each message should be ONLY the name of the food you are describing.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-21-2012, 05:38 AM
Lilbutterflie's Avatar
Lilbutterflie Lilbutterflie is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: TX
Posts: 1,366
Default Pureed Food Recipes- Help NannyD!

NannyD, I've seen your posts quite a few times on this forum about pureeing your foods- like fruits, soups and stews. I don't have a food processor or the room to store it, but I do have a hand blender. I have a 16 mo dcb who is a super picky eater and will hardly touch any meats, cheese (!), veggies, and some fruits.

Yesterday I served his lunch and he didn't touch a thing. So, I gathered all the tropical fruit and carrots on his plate, threw it in a mason jar with a little apple juice and pureed it with my hand blender. Fed him the bowl and he ate every bit of it. You may be on to something here! It must just be the texture of this stuff he doesn't like!

So now I would love some recipes. Of stews, soups, anything that I can puree with my hand blender.

I have some homemade chicken pot pie leftover from last night, would it work to just add a little chicken stock and puree the whole thing?

And lastly, it is a little odd to me to be switching him back to foods with the "baby food" consistency. Do you think this hinders his development in any way since he would no longer chewing his meals? He still eats breakfast and snacks like a champ, it's just meats, cheese and veggies he has a hard time with; so he'd only be getting pureed foods for lunch essentially.

Any input, suggestions and recipes would be greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-21-2012, 05:45 AM
SunshineMama's Avatar
SunshineMama SunshineMama is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Legally unlicensed state
Posts: 1,468
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilbutterflie View Post
NannyD, I've seen your posts quite a few times on this forum about pureeing your foods- like fruits, soups and stews. I don't have a food processor or the room to store it, but I do have a hand blender. I have a 16 mo dcb who is a super picky eater and will hardly touch any meats, cheese (!), veggies, and some fruits.

Yesterday I served his lunch and he didn't touch a thing. So, I gathered all the tropical fruit and carrots on his plate, threw it in a mason jar with a little apple juice and pureed it with my hand blender. Fed him the bowl and he ate every bit of it. You may be on to something here! It must just be the texture of this stuff he doesn't like!

So now I would love some recipes. Of stews, soups, anything that I can puree with my hand blender.

I have some homemade chicken pot pie leftover from last night, would it work to just add a little chicken stock and puree the whole thing?

And lastly, it is a little odd to me to be switching him back to foods with the "baby food" consistency. Do you think this hinders his development in any way since he would no longer chewing his meals? He still eats breakfast and snacks like a champ, it's just meats, cheese and veggies he has a hard time with; so he'd only be getting pureed foods for lunch essentially.

Any input, suggestions and recipes would be greatly appreciated!
This is not a direct answer to your post, but you may find it helpful:

This morning my dcp's brought a jar of babyfood for my 15 month old dcb. He hates being spoon fed and hasnt had baby food in 6 months.

I bought some Sili Squeezes a while back and mixed his babyfood with some oatmeal and put it in the Sili Squeeze and he ate it all up!

The sili Squeeze is a reusable pureed food pouch.

www.thesilico.com

I love this product for my own kids and the daycare kids so I thought I would share!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-21-2012, 06:13 AM
countrymom's Avatar
countrymom countrymom is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: ontario canada
Posts: 4,776
Default

I'm having the same problem she's going to be 15months on sunday and she is now awful with food. She likes crackers and the rice cereal (nestle) but is it weird that she is eating pureed food, yet my other dcg eats everything. I need ideas too. Even mom doesn't know what to do.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-21-2012, 06:45 AM
Lilbutterflie's Avatar
Lilbutterflie Lilbutterflie is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: TX
Posts: 1,366
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineMama View Post
This is not a direct answer to your post, but you may find it helpful:

This morning my dcp's brought a jar of babyfood for my 15 month old dcb. He hates being spoon fed and hasnt had baby food in 6 months.

I bought some Sili Squeezes a while back and mixed his babyfood with some oatmeal and put it in the Sili Squeeze and he ate it all up!

The sili Squeeze is a reusable pureed food pouch.

www.thesilico.com

I love this product for my own kids and the daycare kids so I thought I would share!
I saw that on another thread and I am contemplating buying one just so I don't have to spoon feed him. My DCB doesn't have a problem with me spoon feeding him, but I want him to feed himself! The problem I have is they are kind of pricey, and my DCB likes to put his fingers inside any flexible nipples/sippies. He ends up ruining them b/c his fingers are constantly trying to go through the holes. Do you think he would be able to ruin it?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-21-2012, 07:53 AM
SunshineMama's Avatar
SunshineMama SunshineMama is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Legally unlicensed state
Posts: 1,468
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilbutterflie View Post
I saw that on another thread and I am contemplating buying one just so I don't have to spoon feed him. My DCB doesn't have a problem with me spoon feeding him, but I want him to feed himself! The problem I have is they are kind of pricey, and my DCB likes to put his fingers inside any flexible nipples/sippies. He ends up ruining them b/c his fingers are constantly trying to go through the holes. Do you think he would be able to ruin it?
The sili squeeze is very sturdy. I do not think it could be ruined unless you let them chew on it for hours over a period of time.

I pulled mine out today bc I am really not about to spoon feed an almost 1 1/2 year old (and he wants to do it himself anyway).

It's weird to randomly bring babyhood for a toddler who hasnt been eating it :/ maybe they were out of other breakfast foods lol. Then again, I find it weird that my 4 yr old dcb still has a paci...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
When Do You Stop Pureed Baby Food? SunflowerMama Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 5 08-08-2012 12:04 PM
Advice on Food, wwyd? E Daycare Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 12 04-28-2012 06:07 AM
Purchasing Food for Daycare Abigail Daycare and Taxes 12 11-04-2010 05:36 AM
Food Reimbursement Question For Those That Aren't On The Food Program MV Daycare and Taxes 17 10-06-2010 01:47 PM
Food Program tenderhearts Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 17 07-28-2010 05:28 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:01 PM.



Daycare.com         Find A Daycare         List Your Daycare         Toys & Products                 About Us

Daycare.com
Please read our Disclaimer before continuing.

Topics pertain mainly to the following States:

Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming