Daycare.com ForumDaycare Insurance Daycare Insurance LIST YOUR DAYCARE!

FIND A DAYCARE!

Facebook

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 05-16-2012, 04:03 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Default Pickup Time Changed. Lasted 2 Weeks!

I'm curious what everyone would do here. Say anything? I'm not all that worried about it. i just find it irritating.

Dcm says she will be here a half hour early two days a week until august since her hours changed. She did this for two weeks. Now she comes at regular time, close to the last possible minute.
Other kids are usually here so it doesn't matter. But last night I had somewhere to go and was waiting for her specifically for that half hour.
Old 05-16-2012, 05:05 AM
Daycare.com Member

My rates are based on contracted hours - so if she had changed her contract due to her hours changing..her price prob. would of changed as well. Therefore..if it was me..YUP I would have said something and she would end up late charges on those two days.

I also tell my parents that except for on occasion the child CAN NOT be here before or after the hours listed...I ensure my contracted hours are followed strictly for the very reason you are irritated LOL
Old 05-16-2012, 06:20 AM

Whenever a parent changes the drop-off/pick-up times, I have them sign a new contract stating what they told me. That way I have it in their contract if they are late/early whatever. Even though this was only for 2 days a week until August, it was something you counted on and her being late caused you an inconvenience. Talk to her and see if she still wants to do the 2 early pick-ups a week and if she says yes, then have her sign a new contract with those hours. If she says she doesn't need them anymore, well then at least you have a definite pick-up time.
Old 05-16-2012, 06:32 AM

It wasnt a contract change since it was temporary. Same price, so I guess that's that!
Old 05-16-2012, 06:32 AM
New Daycare.com Member

I guess it depends on how you contract their hours. My daycare hours are 7:30am to 5:15pm and say on one child's contract it says 8:00am to 4:30pm that doesn't mean that they can't show up at 7:30am and leave at 5:15pm. I charge by the day, the hours on their contract are just helpful for me to know their roundabout times they would arrive and leave. Usually parents will inform me if they will be earlier or later, etc but it's not a big deal. If they pick up after my closing time - then we have issues! lol
Old 05-16-2012, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creek View Post
I guess it depends on how you contract their hours. My daycare hours are 7:30am to 5:15pm and say on one child's contract it says 8:00am to 4:30pm that doesn't mean that they can't show up at 7:30am and leave at 5:15pm. I charge by the day, the hours on their contract are just helpful for me to know their roundabout times they would arrive and leave. Usually parents will inform me if they will be earlier or later, etc but it's not a big deal. If they pick up after my closing time - then we have issues! lol
Yea, I do the same.