Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Baby Gate
Francine 03:21 AM 06-22-2010
I am in need of a baby gate for the end of my stairway, it's can't be the pressure type due to the location. If I am going to get a wall mounted one I would like to be able to take it down when I don't need it. And I don't want to spend a fortune.

Do any of you use anything like this?
jen 05:50 AM 06-22-2010
Target has one that works really well. You mount the hardware and when you don't need the gate it slides up and out.

Here it is...

http://www.target.com/Evenflo-Top-St...nd-bin%2Cprice

I didn't have any problems installing! I did most of it myself!
momma2girls 06:08 AM 06-22-2010
I actually purchased my two from Toys r us, and I know Walmart .com has the same ones. They are more expesive than the cheapo ones, but they are awesome- they have a swinging door that shuts behind you. Also is pressure mounted, you can take down at anytime, and is not ruining yur walls!!! I love my two!!! You will also!! They are the best!!!
jen 06:58 AM 06-22-2010
Originally Posted by Iowa daycare:
I actually purchased my two from Toys r us, and I know Walmart .com has the same ones. They are more expesive than the cheapo ones, but they are awesome- they have a swinging door that shuts behind you. Also is pressure mounted, you can take down at anytime, and is not ruining yur walls!!! I love my two!!! You will also!! They are the best!!!
I think that they are for the top of the stairs...here at least you can't use pressure mounted. There are gaits specifically designed to be used in stairways and they are always installed with hardware.
momma2girls 07:11 AM 06-22-2010
Originally Posted by jen:
I think that they are for the top of the stairs...here at least you can't use pressure mounted. There are gaits specifically designed to be used in stairways and they are always installed with hardware.
Yes, I have one at the bottom and the top of the stairs. These are onnly pressure mounted and work wonderful!!
Francine 07:29 AM 06-22-2010
I need something that isn't pressure mounted, they won't work in the space that I have.
jen 08:07 AM 06-22-2010
Originally Posted by Iowa daycare:
Yes, I have one at the bottom and the top of the stairs. These are onnly pressure mounted and work wonderful!!
That's really interesting. What brand is it? I've searched and searched and haven't found a pressure mounted stairway gate. And, to be honest, every single website said never to use a pressure mounted gate on the stairs. In MN it is against licensing to do so.
Tags:baby gate, gates, pictures, posting pictures
Reply Up