Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>SA Napping
Jess 01:09 PM 08-02-2010
Hi
I have a 7 year old that likes to take a nap in the afternoon (about 3 out of 5 days) mom and dad are divorced, mom doesnt want him to take a nap, but dad says it is ok. What would you do? Mom wants me to wake him up!
MarinaVanessa 02:04 PM 08-02-2010
I'm just going out on a limb here but I'd say that 7yo doesn't go to bed early. If mom is the one that you have the contract with and 7yo lives with her and she's telling you to wake him up recommend her sending 7yo to bed earlier. Obviously this kid is tired. If the contract is with dad then let him sleep. If they are both on the contract then I'd let them both hash it out and wait to give you written intructions on what to do with signatures of BOTH parents, that way you don't have to worry about upsetting one parent or the other. They can make each other upset instead.

Personally I would let the kid sleep. If DCK is falling asleep then DCK is tired. Having cranky babies and/or toddlers is one thing but having a cranky 7yo is an absolute mess. Have you seen one of these kids crankly?!?! They're monsters!!
tenderhearts 03:33 PM 08-02-2010
I wouldn't put him down for nap but we have "quiet time", if they fell asleep during that time, I wouldn't wake them.
Lilbutterflie 04:21 PM 08-02-2010
I agree with tenderhearts. Make sure he is having quiet time, and if he falls asleep, don't wake him up... he obviously needs it.
boysx5 03:40 AM 08-03-2010
I have on SA and she sits and watches t.v. during quiet time or she can read if she wants. She will sometimes fall asleep I never wake her up I figure if she fell asleep she needs it
MarinaVanessa 08:28 AM 08-03-2010
I think the issue here is not whether to make the child do nap time/quiet time but that the kid falls asleep at daycare on his own with no urging. Sounds to me by the original post that the child just kind of gets tired and takes a nap of his own free will. Dad is fine with kid falling asleep and mom is not.
Jess 10:22 AM 08-03-2010
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
I think the issue here is not whether to make the child do nap time/quiet time but that the kid falls asleep at daycare on his own with no urging. Sounds to me by the original post that the child just kind of gets tired and takes a nap of his own free will. Dad is fine with kid falling asleep and mom is not.
You are correct. I have quiet time and a couple of the older kids either sit down and read or they watch tv. And he falls asleep on his own.
mom and dad both signed the contract and split him 50/50. I know that he stays up later at dads.
alyssyn 12:56 PM 08-03-2010
I agree with the other posters. If he falls asleep on his own he is tired and he needs the sleep. I wouldn't wake him.
Tags:nap
Reply Up