Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Think DCP Getting Divorced, No Real Answers
jojosmommy 03:12 PM 05-29-2012
Dcg came in saying mom and dad were breaking up because thats what all old people do. Not sure what that means.

I am pretty good friends with mom, so I told her that dcg said that and if she needed anything or to talk to let me know. I saw what looked like dad and mom argueing at pick up, hard to tell just by body language. At pick up she seemed different, and didnt directly address the divorce issue but said via text "not yet, dcd probably meeting with his lawyer:-)". Not sure what that means either. Was that a joke or is she serious?

What can you do for kids who are obviously experiencing enough home chaos to bring up these issues? How do I get a straight answer out of dcp without looking like a snoop?
Ariana 04:11 PM 05-29-2012
I'm in a similar situation and I the only thing I have done is be patient and they will let you know when the time comes. I just kept providing the same care to the DCK and eventhough I knew things at home were 'tough' I made sure that being here was a good place for her. I didn't probe or ask questions I just supported them when they wanted to talk.
GretasLittleFriends 06:28 PM 05-29-2012
I would tell the mom that dcg seems very concerned and tell her what she told you. I would tell the mom that you want to be able to continue to provide dcg with the care that she needs. Make sure the dcg is comfortable with you and let her know if she (dcg) needs to talk, you can listen.
Tags:divorced parents
Reply Up