Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Menus, Breakfast, Lunch and Snack Ideas>Pureed Food Recipes- Help NannyD!
Lilbutterflie 05:38 AM 03-21-2012
NannyD, I've seen your posts quite a few times on this forum about pureeing your foods- like fruits, soups and stews. I don't have a food processor or the room to store it, but I do have a hand blender. I have a 16 mo dcb who is a super picky eater and will hardly touch any meats, cheese (!), veggies, and some fruits.

Yesterday I served his lunch and he didn't touch a thing. So, I gathered all the tropical fruit and carrots on his plate, threw it in a mason jar with a little apple juice and pureed it with my hand blender. Fed him the bowl and he ate every bit of it. You may be on to something here! It must just be the texture of this stuff he doesn't like!

So now I would love some recipes. Of stews, soups, anything that I can puree with my hand blender.

I have some homemade chicken pot pie leftover from last night, would it work to just add a little chicken stock and puree the whole thing?

And lastly, it is a little odd to me to be switching him back to foods with the "baby food" consistency. Do you think this hinders his development in any way since he would no longer chewing his meals? He still eats breakfast and snacks like a champ, it's just meats, cheese and veggies he has a hard time with; so he'd only be getting pureed foods for lunch essentially.

Any input, suggestions and recipes would be greatly appreciated!
SunshineMama 05:45 AM 03-21-2012
Originally Posted by Lilbutterflie:
NannyD, I've seen your posts quite a few times on this forum about pureeing your foods- like fruits, soups and stews. I don't have a food processor or the room to store it, but I do have a hand blender. I have a 16 mo dcb who is a super picky eater and will hardly touch any meats, cheese (!), veggies, and some fruits.

Yesterday I served his lunch and he didn't touch a thing. So, I gathered all the tropical fruit and carrots on his plate, threw it in a mason jar with a little apple juice and pureed it with my hand blender. Fed him the bowl and he ate every bit of it. You may be on to something here! It must just be the texture of this stuff he doesn't like!

So now I would love some recipes. Of stews, soups, anything that I can puree with my hand blender.

I have some homemade chicken pot pie leftover from last night, would it work to just add a little chicken stock and puree the whole thing?

And lastly, it is a little odd to me to be switching him back to foods with the "baby food" consistency. Do you think this hinders his development in any way since he would no longer chewing his meals? He still eats breakfast and snacks like a champ, it's just meats, cheese and veggies he has a hard time with; so he'd only be getting pureed foods for lunch essentially.

Any input, suggestions and recipes would be greatly appreciated!
This is not a direct answer to your post, but you may find it helpful:

This morning my dcp's brought a jar of babyfood for my 15 month old dcb. He hates being spoon fed and hasnt had baby food in 6 months.

I bought some Sili Squeezes a while back and mixed his babyfood with some oatmeal and put it in the Sili Squeeze and he ate it all up!

The sili Squeeze is a reusable pureed food pouch.

www.thesilico.com

I love this product for my own kids and the daycare kids so I thought I would share!
countrymom 06:13 AM 03-21-2012
I'm having the same problem she's going to be 15months on sunday and she is now awful with food. She likes crackers and the rice cereal (nestle) but is it weird that she is eating pureed food, yet my other dcg eats everything. I need ideas too. Even mom doesn't know what to do.
Lilbutterflie 06:45 AM 03-21-2012
Originally Posted by SunshineMama:
This is not a direct answer to your post, but you may find it helpful:

This morning my dcp's brought a jar of babyfood for my 15 month old dcb. He hates being spoon fed and hasnt had baby food in 6 months.

I bought some Sili Squeezes a while back and mixed his babyfood with some oatmeal and put it in the Sili Squeeze and he ate it all up!

The sili Squeeze is a reusable pureed food pouch.

www.thesilico.com

I love this product for my own kids and the daycare kids so I thought I would share!
I saw that on another thread and I am contemplating buying one just so I don't have to spoon feed him. My DCB doesn't have a problem with me spoon feeding him, but I want him to feed himself! The problem I have is they are kind of pricey, and my DCB likes to put his fingers inside any flexible nipples/sippies. He ends up ruining them b/c his fingers are constantly trying to go through the holes. Do you think he would be able to ruin it?
SunshineMama 07:53 AM 03-21-2012
Originally Posted by Lilbutterflie:
I saw that on another thread and I am contemplating buying one just so I don't have to spoon feed him. My DCB doesn't have a problem with me spoon feeding him, but I want him to feed himself! The problem I have is they are kind of pricey, and my DCB likes to put his fingers inside any flexible nipples/sippies. He ends up ruining them b/c his fingers are constantly trying to go through the holes. Do you think he would be able to ruin it?
The sili squeeze is very sturdy. I do not think it could be ruined unless you let them chew on it for hours over a period of time.

I pulled mine out today bc I am really not about to spoon feed an almost 1 1/2 year old (and he wants to do it himself anyway).

It's weird to randomly bring babyhood for a toddler who hasnt been eating it :/ maybe they were out of other breakfast foods lol. Then again, I find it weird that my 4 yr old dcb still has a paci...
Reply Up