Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Cool deals and things I found this weekend
MarinaVanessa 04:20 PM 04-16-2011
Lakeshore allows daycare center and family homes to sign up for their teacher discount program so I have been signed up for a while. I got "buy one get one 50% off" coupon emailed to me good for this weekend only. I needed a few things so I went onto their website yesterday and signed up my other email address for coupons also. They have this thing right now where you sign up and you can get a coupon for a discount of 10-50% off of any single item and I got a 40% off coupon!

I took my 40% off coupon in yesterday and bought a new dish playset for $23.99 (originally $39.99) which has settings for 6 including tumblers and tea cups and saucers and some pots and pans with lids. Then today I went back with my BOGO 50% off and bought a multi-cultural food set for $39.99 (ouch!) and a box of grocery store food items like milk, cans, etc for $15.98 (originally $29.99). It was stuff that's on my wishlist anyway so I'm glad I waited.

Dishes: http://www.lakeshorelearning.com/pro...viewOnly=false

Multi-cultural food: http://www.lakeshorelearning.com/pro...viewOnly=false

Grocery items: http://www.lakeshorelearning.com/pro...viewOnly=false

OK so now for the tech savy. I have an iPhone so I went online and opened an account with Chase that will now serve as my business account. It's $10 (tax deductible anyway) a month but I can now deposit my checks by taking photos of my client's checks with the Chase bank app. I have to say it's pretty awesome.

Then I went to Squareup.com where you sign up for a free card reader! That's right! I can now accept credit and debit cards right from anywhere I am off of my iPhone. The device is free and the app is free and it plugs into where your iPhone's earpiece goes. There's no monthly fee but it's a lot like PayPal in the sense that they charge you a percentage of the charge. In this case however you can have the money go into any account you set it up to. The fee is 2.75% swiped and If you enter credit card numbers manually, it costs 3.5% + 15¢ per transaction. PayPal is 2.9% + .30 per transaction (which is what I've been using). Just wanted to share!!
Abigail 04:46 PM 04-16-2011
So cute! I dont know what some of the multi-cultural food even is so does a list come with it when you buy it?
MarinaVanessa 01:01 PM 04-17-2011
Originally Posted by Abigail:
So cute! I dont know what some of the multi-cultural food even is so does a list come with it when you buy it?
No list but it's pretty awesome. I know what most of it is. The sushi is great because it comes with these little rectangles of rice with a little notch on the top that you can top with a slice of fish or shrimp. It's pretty cool. The kids will be happy come tomorrow morning. I bagged up all the old stuff and will sell it at our yearly Kids Swap Meet next month. My DD is already enjoying the new toys
SilverSabre25 01:55 PM 04-17-2011
Sounds like a lot of fun! Everyone's getting new stuff today, lol.

Thanks for reminding me about the coupons...I'd gotten a 40% off one item coupon from Lakeshore a couple weeks ago (for Earth day I think) and I just went and checked and it's still good (whoo hoo!) so I printed it. One evening this week I'll go and get the Melissa and Dough Ice Cream set. Love that thing...we just got the cookie set for DD a couple weeks ago and the dcks are LOVING it, so the ice cream should be a big hit too.

Aren't new toys FABULOUS?
Reply Up