Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>blah blah blah Another Day Another Question
handemom 09:08 AM 08-05-2010
So I am at the end of our trial run for the two children i watch. there have be issues, but nothing so far that I can't handle.

With that being said. I am looking for feedback. I am writting an additional paper for my parents to sign, talking about some of the changes that need to take place.

First of all they come in in the morning 10-15 minutes before they should and they stay for about 20 minutes every morning. I have only these two children and my own two young school aged kids.

I mentioned that I would appreciate them using inside voices, because my two are still sleeping. there are no doors on their rooms. These parents and children are so loud that both my children are waking up cranky. We had a family discussion about it and that was their only complaint. School will be starting soon and I would love for my kiddos to be well rested and happy for the day to come. my oldest does alot in school and is a straight a student.
I don't want that effected.

I don't know how to say without being an A** that I would like for them to be quiter in the am, and keep drop off shorter.

I can't tell you how many times the mom has left the house gotten in her vehicle and waited on the husband because he has to say i love you and goodbye 5 times each to both kids. twice this week alone, he has come back into the house!!!! He is so protective and has seperation issues.

it's been two months and I figured he would be better by now.

Second delima is........transportation. he just won't let me leave the house ever with these children. Unless it's to school and back.

I do have things that I need to do once in awile. I mentioned a field trip recently for good bahavior. he told me to make it after they got out of work so we could all go?!?!?!

anyways, how would you word that out? So it doesn't seem completly bit**y?

thanks ladies (and gents) all your suggestions are greatly appreciated.
swaddlebees 09:50 AM 08-05-2010
i have read this before...did you post on baby center?

ill be back to respond, promise
missmollyanne 09:56 AM 08-05-2010
This is YOUR daycare. YOU are the boss. YOU get to set the rules. If, in your policy, you state that you will not transport children, then he's got you. BUT - if not, it's your call. They can take it or leave it. I TOTALLY understand his perspective, because I was always fearful of my kids being transported as well. I liked knowing they were safe and secure where I left them. With that being said, as a childcare provider I made it clear to parents during the interview that I do occassionally run errands and take the children with me. At that point, it's in their court.
I know you said that so far, this is all nothing you cannot handle. But the big question is.... do you WANT to keep dealing with it. Two months... still needing 20 minute goodbyes??? I'd end it!
swaddlebees 10:02 AM 08-05-2010
Ok. I would just lay it all out. You have to be able to transport, they leave a carseat or you will buy one and they can pay for it. I don't do the leave a carseat and pick it up at days end, I am a carseat freak and I want it to stay so I know it is always installed correctly.

Indoor voices, just tell them. My kids are asleep can you lower your voice.

When dad walks out lock the door. Then you don't have to worry about him walking back in. Safety reasons, door remains locked, oh I'm sorry did you need something?

I would just lay it all out, if they can't comply term. You will find someone else.
handemom 01:48 PM 08-05-2010
thanks guys. I actually wrote it all up today, and just handed it off to the parents. hopefully they will return on monday. And if they don't then I guess it is what it is.........
Tags:contracts, drop off, transportation
Reply Up