Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Temp Mom Driving Me Nuts
DaycareMomma 08:48 AM 02-07-2011
I have a family that is here temporarily. I took them on back in October and the contract is only til my other dcm comes back from maternity leave(she's due Wednesday). She was all good up until the past few weeks. Every time she walks in she'll ask the kids of the pregnant mom if she's had the baby... It's like come on we live in a small enough town that she'll know when she has the baby, plus I'll tell her when her 10 weeks start for her to get a new daycare.

She pulled a fast one on me today though. She pays me Monday mornings and last week she didn't call until 5:17 to let me know she'd be late. Per my contract I charge $1/minute past 5:15(my closing time) until I get a call/text or they show up. So I added the $2 to her bill last week.

Check comes today, no late fee. So I got ahold of her and asked her if she didn't see it or if she just ignored me and she goes "What late fee." So I explained it to her and she goes "My clock said 5:10 when I called you so that is what I went by, but whatever." I told her that I go by my cell phone clock since that is the most accurate you can get really. She threw a hissy fit and just kept saying, yup whatever.

I also get about 1-2 texts a DAY asking if dcm has had the baby, I'll tell her "When she has the baby I'll let you know." Does she not get it?

I know she is upset with me for telling dcd (mom and dad are not together) last Friday that I would not put up with oldest girls attitude anymore. She'll sit and kick her sister through nap time, if I move her, she'll scream and yell and carry on the whole time...she's 5 also! So I told dad that if dcg has another day like she did Thursday, I'll call him to come pick the kids up, I won't deal with it. Now mom is all snotty towards me and asking "So when was the last time your kids didn't take a nap, when was the last time your son kicked his brother."

Come on baby come out!!!! I need dcm to have that baby so I can start loving my job again.
laundrymom 08:57 AM 02-07-2011
It's against rules to give that kind of info here. I just say sorry hippa rules keep me from sharing.
DaycareMomma 09:07 AM 02-07-2011
Thank you, I will have to use that one.

When I first read your reply, I thought you meant my post couldn't be on here because it was against the rules! I was worried.... Long day already....
laundrymom 09:09 AM 02-07-2011
Originally Posted by danelleo:
Thank you, I will have to use that one.

When I first read your reply, I thought you meant my post couldn't be on here because it was against the rules! I was worried.... Long day already....
Oops,... Sorry. Lol no sorry I should have made it clearer. Lol. Hope your day gets better!!!!
jen 10:40 AM 02-07-2011
I would just stop replying to the texts...

Yuck, what a pain!
DCMomOf3 10:43 AM 02-07-2011
Originally Posted by laundrymom:
It's against rules to give that kind of info here. I just say sorry hippa rules keep me from sharing.
This is what i would do. She can call the expectant mom herself if she is so impatient to know.
My Daycare 11:07 AM 02-07-2011
Sounds annoying.

If the late fee issue is not over, then you could prove that her phone call was at 5:17, by showing her your phone.
juliebug 11:14 AM 02-07-2011
big hugs! just stop replying to the text she will get the message!
lvt77 11:18 AM 02-07-2011
here is what you can do about the time issue..
get an atomic clock..can buy one at walmart or target for about 25 bucks. set it by the sign in sign out log book.; tell the parents set your watch, clocks, phone, or whatever, to this atomic clock.
I give a 5 min grace period, for traffic and etc. over that 5 min. they will pay up. when the parents walk in the door, I make it a point to tell them that they were late. I also dont allow parents to text me if they are going to be late, as sometimes they will say they sent a message when they never did.
misol 07:42 AM 02-08-2011
Next time she texts/asks you just tell her that you've decided that since the mom's expected due date is Wednesday that the clock will start on Wednesday whether she has the baby or not. Ugh, just imagine if the mom is 2 weeks overdue This way, she can start looking for alternate care on Wednesday no matter what and hopefully she will find someone that can take her BEFORE her 10 weeks with you is up.
DaycareMomma 07:59 AM 02-08-2011
Thanks for all your advice!

Dcd walked in yesterday and handed me $2. I told him thank you your bill is now paid in full. It will not incure any more fees.

The mom that is pregnant has an appointment today so we'll see what happens after that. She's taking 12 weeks of maternity leave but I'm only giving temp family 10 weeks... I need some time to relax and get ready for baby.
Tags:contract, family - temporarily, late fee
Reply Up