Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Holding a Spot
blueclouds29 10:53 AM 03-23-2011
I have an opening and i just received a call from a mom that wants the spot but has to give her son's daycare notice. She said she would give me a small deposit to hold the spot. Which is great that means she is serious about this. Is this money separate from the wkly cost or just part of it? Never done this before. Thanks!
dEHmom 11:18 AM 03-23-2011
how long is the notice she has to give? how long are you holding the spot?

if for 2 weeks, then the deposit goes towards childcare either the 2 weeks or last 2 weeks whatever you have in your contract.

if more than 2 weeks, then she would pay a holding fee if you asked for it, it is non refundable and doesn't go towards any childcare. it is simply holding the spot for her.
daycare 11:22 AM 03-23-2011
I have them give me a deposit based on the length of time that they want me to hold the spot. I think I may be a little different and when they complete their 2 week trail period, I allow them to use it towards their deposit or DC fees...

I have a form that I use if you would like to see it...
blueclouds29 11:31 AM 03-23-2011
Originally Posted by daycare:
I have them give me a deposit based on the length of time that they want me to hold the spot. I think I may be a little different and when they complete their 2 week trail period, I allow them to use it towards their deposit or DC fees...

I have a form that I use if you would like to see it...
That would be great! I don't want to get stuck doing something i shouldn't or should have.
Thanks
daycaremom1 03:36 PM 03-23-2011
I always do a deposit. 1 week of childcare, and that goes toward the last week of childcare when they leave. That way you are always ahead by 1 week also.
Tags:deposit, holding spot, holding spot policy
Reply Up