Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Updating Contract
Patches 01:43 PM 03-13-2013
When you update your contract and/or policies do you give the parents a whole new contract or just and updates section?

I feel a little weird about changing my contract since I have been open less than 6 months but I have been thinking about vacation time and I don't like the way I have it set up so I'm going to change it to be effective April 1st. I am going from PAID vacation to UNPAID vacation but I am taking away free vacation weeks for parents.

So wwhat should I give them along with the letter about the changes? Updated section handbook and contract or a whole new one?
Starburst 03:02 PM 03-13-2013
It you are changing more than one or two things (like totally revamping your contract or the main points in it) then I would do a new contract. If you are changing just one or two sections I would just take the whole section (if you have it saved on a computer) transfer it to a new file reword it and just type out that section and have parents sign/date it and give them a copy to staple/paper clip to the back of their origional handbook.
frugalmama4 05:52 PM 03-13-2013
Originally Posted by Starburst:
It you are changing more than one or two things (like totally revamping your contract or the main points in it) then I would do a new contract. If you are changing just one or two sections I would just take the whole section (if you have it saved on a computer) transfer it to a new file reword it and just type out that section and have parents sign/date it and give them a copy to staple/paper clip to the back of their origional handbook.
Ditto for how I do it!
Tags:new contract, policies
Reply Up