Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Handbook
vonp 05:46 AM 03-12-2016
How many pages are your handbooks? I feel like I've been writing forever! I looked up a few on Google and it seems the shortest was probably 13 pgs (?).

Also, do you have a physical paper handbook or could you do it online such as on a website and let parents print it out? I haven't had a handbook before now but have encountered a couple of things and felt it was time to have it out there.
lovemydaycare0912 06:11 AM 03-12-2016
Originally Posted by vonp:
How many pages are your handbooks? I feel like I've been writing forever! I looked up a few on Google and it seems the shortest was probably 13 pgs (?).

Also, do you have a physical paper handbook or could you do it online such as on a website and let parents print it out? I haven't had a handbook before now but have encountered a couple of things and felt it was time to have it out there.
Mine is 10 BUT I am revising and adding new things in now. I dont currently have a website but offer a hard copy or email version to parents
Blackcat31 07:26 AM 03-12-2016
36 pages . Color coded by subject and including table of contents and highlighted policies.

Master copy used as guideline when interviewing otherwise a copy is emailed to parents AFTER enrollment in a pdf.
jenboo 08:43 AM 03-12-2016
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
36 pages . Color coded by subject and including table of contents and highlighted policies.

Master copy used as guideline when interviewing otherwise a copy is emailed to parents AFTER enrollment in a pdf.
How is it color coded? The titles of each section or the actual page?
Do you go over everything during the interview? If not, then how do the parents know they agree to everything before they enroll?
Blackcat31 03:57 PM 03-12-2016
Originally Posted by jenboo:
I'll PM you a copy

Originally Posted by jenboo:
Do you go over everything during the interview? If not, then how do the parents know they agree to everything before they enroll?
My first contact is by phone and/or e-mail

Second contact is a "screening" so to speak...
I also e-mail a parent questionaire.

Third contact is a face to face interview/tour. By that time I am (as are they) 95% sure they are going to enroll.

After the interview/tour I send an enrollment packet with a copy of handbook.
vonp 04:46 PM 03-12-2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenboo View Post
I'll PM you a copy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenboo View Post

Third contact is a face to face interview/tour. By that time I am (as are they) 95% sure they are going to enroll.

Good idea! Could you send me a copy also? Thank You
yodaone 05:39 PM 03-12-2016
I'll PM you a copy

What questions do you ask during the phone interview? Also, what is included on your parent questionnaire TIA
jenboo 10:26 PM 03-12-2016
I'll PM you a copy

Ah got it!
I love how you colored your handbook!!
candissos 07:56 AM 03-14-2016
Black Cat would you PM me a copy of your handbook as well. I have a parent that wants to chang her contract again. She is new and has decided we need to change it for a 3rd time is this allowed?
thrivingchildcarecom 10:00 AM 03-14-2016
Yeah, they can get pretty long. I used to print it out for each client, but ink cartridges costing what they do I have found it better to post it on the website. It helps having it there because parents can access it if they need to look up something that they "forgot" and whenever I need to change or update a policy I can just upload the revision.
Blackcat31 10:36 AM 03-14-2016
Originally Posted by heatherann:
What questions do you ask during the phone interview? Also, what is included on your parent questionnaire TIA
I PM'ed you the questionnaire and my interview "cheat sheet"
Miss A 12:17 PM 03-14-2016
BlackCat, could you please PM me your handbook as well? Thank you!
Tags:handbook, handbook - layout, parent handbook, parent handbook posts
Reply Up