Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Cough, Cough
Shell 12:09 PM 09-18-2013
It appears dcg's "allergies" have spread to the whole group. At nap time today, all I am hearing is cough, cough, cough. I can visualize all the spit particles hitting the carpet, couch, etc. and I want to run and hide Anyone else dealing with this?
MotherNature 12:22 PM 09-18-2013
not here, but sorry you are. Hope you don't suddenly become allergic to things.
TwinKristi 04:07 PM 09-18-2013
That was us about 3wks ago! One DCB had "allergies" and just "runs higher than normal" and then everyone else did the next week! But it seems like another something is working its way through the older kids.
daycare 04:12 PM 09-18-2013
yes I am.....

Parents say oh he's teething or it's allergies....that is my cue to start upping my vitamins and airborne.

last week 2 had colds this week 12 have colds. Honestly, other than cleaning the heck out of everything and our hands I don't really know what else we can do....

hang in there and I hope you don't get sick
Shell 04:25 PM 09-18-2013
Originally Posted by daycare:
yes I am.....

Parents say oh he's teething or it's allergies....that is my cue to start upping my vitamins and airborne.

last week 2 had colds this week 12 have colds. Honestly, other than cleaning the heck out of everything and our hands I don't really know what else we can do....

hang in there and I hope you don't get sick
12 have colds I think some of the kids here could really benefit from a day home to rest and recover- like that would ever happen
daycare 04:30 PM 09-18-2013
lol yes every one of them have a cold now. We have 12 daily and everyone got it. I wish I could exclude for a cold, but if I did, I would be out of business.

I just do my best to let them rest when we can.....if they are too sick to participate, I send them home..
TheGoodLife 07:26 PM 09-18-2013
Originally Posted by daycare:
lol yes every one of them have a cold now. We have 12 daily and everyone got it. I wish I could exclude for a cold, but if I did, I would be out of business.

I just do my best to let them rest when we can.....if they are too sick to participate, I send them home..
My little one with possible "allergies" (he's 6 months so a new mom) is here every day even though DCD is off for two weeks parents sometimes are so inconsiderate! I hope it goes through quickly and that you or your family don't get sick.
JoseyJo 09:30 AM 09-19-2013
Originally Posted by mrsmichelle:
It appears dcg's "allergies" have spread to the whole group. At nap time today, all I am hearing is cough, cough, cough. I can visualize all the spit particles hitting the carpet, couch, etc. and I want to run and hide Anyone else dealing with this?
Yep! Nothing exclude-able yet, but I am sure it is brewing in their little bodies. 1 week before my vacation too!! I have been taking garlic, Vit C, Zinc, and a good multi since monday
Maria2013 04:16 PM 09-19-2013
Originally Posted by mrsmichelle:
aww no, I remember what that's like
Josiegirl 06:02 PM 09-20-2013
Does anyone take echinacea(I think I killed the spelling of that word)? It's supposed to help increase your immunity.

Those darn allergies can spread like wildfire.
Cradle2crayons 06:18 PM 09-20-2013
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Does anyone take echinacea(I think I killed the spelling of that word)? It's supposed to help increase your immunity.

I do I do!! It's in my daily stack lol
Familycare71 06:24 PM 09-20-2013
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:

I take it in my air borne- that stuff has saved me from allergies so many times!!!
Tags:allergies, contagious
Reply Up