Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Water Temperature
DancingQueen 03:47 AM 10-30-2010
Having my water temperature where the state wants it requires us all to have freezing cold showers.

Are there any solutions?
MyAngels 05:31 AM 10-30-2010
I had a plumber install some devices in the line to the sinks that the kids use to regulate the water temperature there. I did this a number of years ago, and it was several hundred dollars, including the valves, but worth it to me.
DaycareMama 06:17 AM 10-30-2010
Im having the same problem! Drives me nuts. Can't we just turn the hot water valve off under the sink while the kids are here? Or is it a regulation that they need warm water?
daysofelijah 07:10 AM 10-30-2010
We have a tankless water heater and that seems to keep the water warm enough when we need it, keeping it at 120 degrees.
AnythingsPossible 12:27 PM 10-31-2010
I purchased a faucet for the daycare bathroom at Home Depot a few years ago that has an adjustment on it that you can turn to alter how hot the water gets. It has been very handy and have not had any problems with it.
Unregistered 04:06 PM 10-31-2010
I just spoke to our plumber about this a couple of weeks ago. I have one sink that is accessible for children. The plumber can install a regulator on that sink for $268, labor and parts.
misol 09:49 AM 11-01-2010
Originally Posted by WyoDaycareMom:
I purchased a faucet for the daycare bathroom at Home Depot a few years ago that has an adjustment on it that you can turn to alter how hot the water gets. It has been very handy and have not had any problems with it.
WyoDaycareMom, do you recall how much this faucet cost you? Was it easy to install?
DancingQueen 09:57 AM 11-01-2010
If you could tell me which faucet this is I'd really appreciate it. I need it!
countrymom 11:07 AM 11-01-2010
can you not just shut the valve off under the sink, its not like the kids are going to play there, and I usually keep the door closed.
momatheart 02:59 PM 03-17-2011
Originally Posted by AnythingsPossible:
Anythings possible
Unregistered 10:53 AM 08-21-2020
Hey i can not for the life of me find int he daycare standards or health and saftey standards what temp the water should be for my daycare in New Brunswick Canada?! Can someone please help!
Thanks so much
Blackcat31 01:49 PM 08-21-2020
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Hey i can not for the life of me find int he daycare standards or health and saftey standards what temp the water should be for my daycare in New Brunswick Canada?! Can someone please help!
Thanks so much
Appendix 39 (page 208) of the New Brunswick Operator Manual for Early Learning Childcare says water temperatures should not exceed 49C/120F at point of use.

https://www2.gnb.ca/content/dam/gnb/...areCentres.pdf
Tags:temperature, water safety
Reply Up