Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>CCAP Approved in MN--UPDATE/SHUTDOWN
Blackcat31 12:29 PM 07-13-2011
The following is a copy of an e-mail I just received. Apparently the judge approved payments for CCAP so providers can rest a little easier while our Representatives and Senators continue to act like children and refuse to compromise with each other.

>>> Eric Ratzmann <Ratzmann@mncounties.org> 7/13/2011 1:37 PM >>>

MACSSA Members,

Judge Gearin has issued an order regarding the continuation of funding for certain grants and programs administered through the Department of Human Services. The order is available at the following link: http://www.mncourts.gov/Documents/2/...ams_by_Dhs.pdf.

Judge Gearin has accepted the recommendation of the special master to continue funding of the following grants and programs:

· Basic Sliding Fee Childcare

· MFIP Consolidated Support Services Grants (includes employment and training)

· CCSA Grants (Including Title XX Grants)

· American Indian Child Welfare Program

· Child Welfare Reform-Prevention/Early Intervention Grants

· Indian Child Welfare Act Transfer

· Title IV-B2 Family Preservation Grants (Family Alternative Response Grant)

· Title IV-B1 Family Preservation Grants (Family Response Grant)

· Independent Living Grants

· Subsidized Adoption Grants

· Relative Custody Assistance Grants

· Transitional Housing Grants

· Emergency Services Grants

· Long Term Homeless Youth

· Runaway and Homeless Youth

· HUD ESPG Grants

· Rural & Homeless Youth Grants

· Crisis Housing

· Refugee CMA Administrative Grants and Refugee Medical Assistance

· Senior Agenda for Independent Living/Elder Care Development, and Living at Home/Block Nurse Grants

· Deaf and Hard of Hearing Grants

· Home Health Service Grants

· Consumer Support Grants

· Adult Mental Health Integrated Fund Grants

· Rule 78 Adult Mental Health Grant

· Adult Mental Health Crisis Grants

· Children’s Mental Health Screening Grant

· Children’s Mental Health Targeted Case Management

· CMH Crisis Services Grants

· CD Treatment Grants

· CD Native American Program

· CCDTF

Judge Gearin denied the following petitions on the following grants and programs based special master’s recommendations:

· Migrant Child Care and Migrant Day Care

· Parent Support Outreach and Title IVE Parent Support Outreach

· Refugee Social Services Grant

The majority of the programs/grants AMC petitioned for continued funding have been approved by this order, with the exception of the Child Support Enforcement Incentive Grants, Local Public Health Grant, and Community Corrections Act Subsidy Grant. The order is silent on these items so it is unknown at this point what the Special Master will recommend.

Please let me know if you have any questions or have noticed any inaccuracies in this email.

Thank you,

Eric M. Ratzmann

Interim Director and Legislative Liaison

MN Association of County Social Service Administrators

125 Charles Avenue

St. Paul, MN 55103
PeanutsGalore 01:50 PM 07-13-2011
Yay! That means honest families can keep working towards getting off of welfare, and providers that accept it will continue to be able to support their own families. Yay again!
jojosmommy 02:23 PM 07-13-2011
I read through the report. Does this mean all CCA families will be eligible or do we again have to call our case workers (who are not currently working in my county) to find out if particular families are eligible?

THANKS!
Blackcat31 03:08 PM 07-13-2011
Originally Posted by jojosmommy:
I read through the report. Does this mean all CCA families will be eligible or do we again have to call our case workers (who are not currently working in my county) to find out if particular families are eligible?

THANKS!
YES, ALL child care assistance is back on! I just talked to the child care worker for my county and they are processing the vouchers I turned in for the service period of June 26-July 10!!! So depending on the number of case workers in your county to process the paperwork, you should be paid for any services for families you have on CCAP as soon as they enter the billings you submit to them.

Hope that helps....if you have any questions and your county workers aren't there to help, just PM me and I'll see what I can find out for you. My county workers are awesome and always quick to answer our questions and since it is a state program the rules are the same.
KEG123 03:52 PM 07-13-2011
Awesome! So glad for you all!
jojosmommy 08:11 PM 07-13-2011
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
YES, ALL child care assistance is back on! I just talked to the child care worker for my county and they are processing the vouchers I turned in for the service period of June 26-July 10!!! So depending on the number of case workers in your county to process the paperwork, you should be paid for any services for families you have on CCAP as soon as they enter the billings you submit to them.

Hope that helps....if you have any questions and your county workers aren't there to help, just PM me and I'll see what I can find out for you. My county workers are awesome and always quick to answer our questions and since it is a state program the rules are the same.
Do you paper bill? I do everything electronically and nothing is available as of yet to even log on to. I called our local office and they said they weren't even sure if the people who manage the cases would be back at work to answer my questions. I left a message but the volunteer I talked to sounded like they weren't allowed to work so my clients case worker wouldn't be able to call me back for some time. Either way I am happy since we really only had to wait a few extra days for this 2 week claim period to be processed- if it really ends up that way!
SimpleMom 12:04 PM 07-14-2011
THanks for the post! Sooo good to know
Tags:ccap, minnesota, state budget
Reply Up