Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Deposits
momma2girls 07:06 AM 03-11-2010
I thought it would be interesting to find out how everyone does deposits for holding spots, for such things as maternity, summers off(teachers), wanting to find someone while they are pregnant, etc.....
THis is what I have in my policy now- If you would like me to hold a spot for your child during the summer, maternity if you are currently using my daycare, it will a 2 week deposit, this is only to hold your spot. For someone that is currently not using my daycare- I charge 1 week per month to hold your spot.
I did a bad mistake- I held a spot last yr. for 10 months, for only 2 weeks deposit. I will never do that again!! I lost out on a ton of money every week for 10 months!! I get newborn(infant) calls all the time!!! This does figure out to about $5,600.00!!!!!
I just wanted to see how everyone else does this and what they charge!!
Thanks so much!!!!!
Persephone 07:58 AM 03-11-2010
10 months?? Why would someone need a spot held for so long?

Maybe have something that says that for the deposit of 2 weeks (or 1 month) will hold the spot for like 3 months? If they need longer then that then they pay more?
momma2girls 09:06 AM 03-11-2010
Originally Posted by Persephone:
10 months?? Why would someone need a spot held for so long?

Maybe have something that says that for the deposit of 2 weeks (or 1 month) will hold the spot for like 3 months? If they need longer then that then they pay more?
She came to me shortly after they found out they were pregnant, and she is taking 10-12 weeks off after baby arrives.
momma2girls 09:07 AM 03-11-2010
Now I have if you are not currently using my daycare and would like me to hold a spot, it will be 1 week deposit per month, wanting me to hold the spot for you-
gbcc 09:44 AM 03-11-2010
I wont hold a spot unless I am getting full payment. Teachers children pay me throughout the summer to hold their spot and they are welcome to bring children for playdates as long as I know in advance and don't already have plans. I need every cent of my income and just couldn't survive on half payment. I also don't feel I should have to make adjustments to my life style for their choices. I have another friend who will not hold a spot for longer than 2 wks and another friend who will also not hold spots at all. I think it depends on what you can afford really.
laundryduchess@yahoo.com 09:53 AM 03-11-2010
I charge half rate to hold a spot.
Tags:deposit, spots
Reply Up