Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Cold sores?
KristinsHomeCC 09:49 AM 08-16-2016
Do any of your DC kids have cold sores? Never had this problem but a 11m DCG came in this morning with a red mark on her lip. I asked her mother what it was and she said she didnt notice it this morning but hopefully it wasn't cold sores like DCM gets. I do not get them myself but I know what they are and how they are extremely contagious - once you have them, you'll always have them. So when you get a DCK with cold sores, what the heck do you do?! It seems as though it would be really difficult to constantly isolate for a few days at each time.

From what I've read, they are a series of tiny little blisters. I see no blisters just a dark red mark. I'm really hoping that isn't what this is
Blackcat31 11:11 AM 08-16-2016
Originally Posted by KristinsHomeCC:
Do any of your DC kids have cold sores? Never had this problem but a 11m DCG came in this morning with a red mark on her lip. I asked her mother what it was and she said she didnt notice it this morning but hopefully it wasn't cold sores like DCM gets. I do not get them myself but I know what they are and how they are extremely contagious - once you have them, you'll always have them. So when you get a DCK with cold sores, what the heck do you do?! It seems as though it would be really difficult to constantly isolate for a few days at each time.

From what I've read, they are a series of tiny little blisters. I see no blisters just a dark red mark. I'm really hoping that isn't what this is
Depending on the age, I would exclude.

Here is the technical fact sheet my state provides us with:

http://www.hennepin.us/~/media/henne...ider.pdf?la=en
Reply Up