Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Why Do They Always Suspect The Daycare?
MN Mom 06:21 PM 06-19-2012
http://kaaltv.com/article/stories/S2...html?cat=10151

Why do they always suspect the daycare?

-Child was taken from it's HOME to the local hospital
-Child was transferred to St. Mary's where it died
-There is no obvious sign of foul play
-The daycare license has been suspended pending investigation

This is in my local area, and there has been a rash of suspended licenses lately. I know...I'm seeing an influx in temporary children due to this reason.
cheerfuldom 08:21 PM 06-19-2012
They suspect the daycare because sometimes it is the daycare. This is a very sad story for both the family and the daycare provider (assuming that they are innocent). I hope that there is a resolution quickly.
Breezy 08:23 PM 06-19-2012
Wow really? I mean sure fine investigate all avenues but to suspend the license??
jojosmommy 08:40 PM 06-19-2012
I think its important to add that the child was at home for hours. And that another parent picking up their child at the same time said the infant looked fine.

Does this mean that anytime something happens to a child we as providers are somehow responsible?

I don't know all the facts but this makes me want to quit doing daycare. I know lic is trying to keep kids safe but what if they are totally wrong? How is this dc provider supposed to survive with no income until answers arrive? Is lic going to somehow restore her name?

I do feel for the family who lost their infant. Hopefully it is a terrible accident, likd an undiagnosed heart condition where nobody is at fault.
littlemissmuffet 08:44 PM 06-19-2012
Originally Posted by jojosmommy:
I think its important to add that the child was at home for hours. And that another parent picking up their child at the same time said the infant looked fine.

Does this mean that anytime something happens to a child we as providers are somehow responsible?

I don't know all the facts but this makes me want to quit doing daycare. I know lic is trying to keep kids safe but what if they are totally wrong? How is this dc provider supposed to survive with no income until answers arrive? Is lic going to somehow restore her name?

I do feel for the family who lost their infant. Hopefully it is a terrible accident, likd an undiagnosed heart condition where nobody is at fault.
This happened to a friend of mine. Trust me, it shook me to the core. Installing cameras is always a good idea.
B Lou 05:52 AM 06-20-2012
I have a friend who had her license just suspended due to a child's comment to the parents about daycare. The provider's own kids have been removed from the home due to the report and the provider's husband.

We all know kids never make stuff up. And this report will be with this provider forever now.

Read this story. No foul play. Then way is the daycare even mentioned?
Springdaze 05:54 AM 06-20-2012
Im upset that they gave the centers name. that just aint right
SilverSabre25 05:54 AM 06-20-2012
Originally Posted by B Lou:
I have a friend who had her license just suspended due to a child's comment to the parents about daycare. The provider's own kids have been removed from the home due to the report and the provider's husband.

We all know kids never make stuff up.
And this report will be with this provider forever now.
Is that sarcasm? I'm just curious because it isn't clear from your post.
cheerfuldom 06:19 AM 06-20-2012
Originally Posted by chellenj:
yes, I agree with that part. They wouldnt name suspected people in alleged cases so why name businesses? The daycare is closed for now, I am assuming, so its not like they are running around trying to get more people to join the daycare.
B Lou 06:21 AM 06-20-2012
Just saying that there have been alot of time that a child is looking for attention and made stuff up.

With that said I do believe that any accusation from a child should be taken seriously. But before we ruin a providers reputation and possibly her lively hood we should check things out first.

It's very hard and sometimes impossible to regain your reputation from false accusations.

My friend lives in a small town and word of mouth will spread very very fast.
Blackcat31 06:34 AM 06-20-2012
Originally Posted by Breezy:
Wow really? I mean sure fine investigate all avenues but to suspend the license??
Originally Posted by chellenj:
I will bet you there is ALOT more to this story than what the newpapers/ TV reports are saying.

I usually believe only 50% of what is told to us.....I think that we (the public) are only told what they want us to know...

Listing the daycare name was more than likely a way to "cover" someone's butt in case something else is or may be going on.

Too little details which lead to way too many questions and once the name of the daycare is put out there...it really can't erase the implications or rumors that may have been formed because of the story.
Reply Up