Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Opinions Needed on Change to Contract
AfterSchoolMom 02:59 PM 07-26-2010
I'm revamping my contract for the upcoming school year and would like your opinions on the payment section. Here's what I currently have:

Originally Posted by :
Payment for the first week of care is due BEFORE the first care day, and care will not begin until payment is received. The first week’s rate is nonrefundable. Payment for subsequent weeks is due weekly on Friday for the upcoming week. Payment for full or early release days must be paid upon DROP OFF on the day of care. If payment is not received on time, a late fee of $15 per day will be charged, including Saturday and Sunday. There will be no exceptions to this. The regular weekly rate applies whether or not your child is present for care, including teacher work days, half days, vacation (yours), or illness, as a place has been reserved for each child that cannot be filled on a short-term basis. If your child is not present for half or teacher work days, though the regular rate applies, the added fee will not be charged. If your child is absent on Friday (or on the last day of care for the week) payment is still expected for the following week. If your child is not here on Friday, please make arrangements to get payment here on time, or if you know that your child will be absent, please make payment on the last day of care for that week. Repeated nonpayment will be grounds for termination of this agreement and the loss of your child’s place in my home with no refunds given.
No payment is expected for the following: Winter Break, Spring Break, Thanksgiving Break, Days when I am forced to close due to my own illness, and the days that I am closed as noted on the calendar that I give out at the beginning of each school year.
***I understand and agree to this payment policy:
________________________________________ (Parent Signature and Date)**

I think that may be too wordy. Here's my proposed change:

Originally Posted by :
Payment for the first week is due BEFORE the first day of care.

Payment is due WEEKLY on FRIDAY for the upcoming week, NO exceptions.

Payment for full or early release days must be paid upon DROP OFF on the day of care.

A fee of $15 per day (including Saturday and Sunday) will be charged for late payments, and will be due in addition to the weekly rate immediately, no exceptions. Repeated late payments will be grounds for termination of this agreement with no refunds given.

The regular weekly rate applies whether or not your child is present for care.

Payment is NOT expected for the following: Thanksgiving Break, Winter Break, Spring Break, Days when I am forced to close due to my own illness, and the days when I am closed as noted on the calendar given out at the beginning of the year.

***I acknowledge that I have received the yearly calendar.*** _______ Parent initials

Parent Signature and Date _________________________

What do you all think? Am I leaving too much wiggle room by not explaining things throroughly, as in the first version?
Michael 03:16 PM 07-26-2010
Some older posts with contracts: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=contract
AfterSchoolMom 05:39 PM 07-26-2010
Yeah, I looked through that stuff, but didn't really see anything to convince me one way or another. Thanks though, Michael!
professionalmom 06:10 PM 07-26-2010
Originally Posted by AfterSchoolMom:
A fee of $15 per day (including Saturday and Sunday) will be charged for late payments, and will be due in addition to the weekly rate immediately, no exceptions. Repeated late payments will be grounds for termination of this agreement with no refunds given.
I would shorten the highlighted portion to say, "per calendar day". Calendar day means including Saturaday and Sunday. Business day means just Monday through Friday (excluding holidays). Saying "calendar day" is simpler. Other than that, I think it sounds great.
AfterSchoolMom 01:48 PM 07-27-2010
Professionalmom, thanks - that's a good suggestion, and I'll definitely do that.

Anyone else? Does my post have cooties?
Tags:contract, payments
Reply Up