Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How To Handle A Smart Alec
Unregistered 01:42 PM 01-27-2017
I am getting so frustrated with this smart alec in my group. If he isn't trying to correct me or someone else he is talking back. Today it was
Me- "Who knows how to do a forward roll?" Dcb-smirks "nobody" (as others are obviously raising their hands)
It's a lot of back talk like that, with the smirk. He is four, and has two older brothers. I feel like they must talk like this and at home it's funny so it's like he's showing off here. It's not funny, it's disrespectful and annoying. Usually after his comments I ask him to sit apart for a few minutes. I also tried ignoring them (and his bored faces he makes when he doesnt like an activity) but that didn't work. Any other ideas on how to handle this? Trying I guess to teach him what's funny and what's rude.
debbiedoeszip 11:30 AM 01-28-2017
I'd probably put him on the spot when he opens his mouth. To "Nobody", I'd say, "Hey *Smart Alec's Name*! Let's see if you can do a forward roll. Get over here and help me demonstrate". Make him sorry that he opened his mouth LOL and brought himself to your attention.

It's kind of a military thing to do. Smart*ss goes first LOL.
Tags:smart alec, wise guy
Reply Up