Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Post Interview Question
kelsey's kids 03:14 PM 01-08-2014
I interviewed a family yesterday that I really think would be a good fit. Dad kept telling mom that he liked here the best and they left saying they would let me know tomorrow. Well I have gotten 2 more calls today for the spit and need help wording a text to mom. I want her to know that I felt they were a good fit but others are interested in the spot and we do a first come with deposit without sounding rude or pressuring. She is a first time mom and Is having a very hard time going back to work. What would you say?
grandmom 03:21 PM 01-08-2014
Interview anyway. Who knows, you might get a family you like better, and keep this one on the waiting list.

Or schedule the other interviews for a few days from now. That gives you some lee-way.

I always tell parents in the interview that there's no pressure, but if they want to guarantee the spot, it costs them the deposit. Otherwise, the spot is up for grabs.

Good luck. Count your blessings that you have more than one family needing care.
Blackcat31 04:01 PM 01-08-2014
I'd probably be laid back and friendly in a text. Something like:

"Hi DCM, this is soNso. I just wanted to touch base with you since our interview and let you know that I have had several interested calls about the available space here in ABC Daycare so I thought it was only right to give you first right of refusal before I set up any additional interviews. If you let me know either way, that would be great! Thank you!"
TaylorTots 04:10 PM 01-08-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I'd probably be laid back and friendly in a text. Something like:

"Hi DCM, this is soNso. I just wanted to touch base with you since our interview and let you know that I have had several interested calls about the available space here in ABC Daycare so I thought it was only right to give you first right of refusal before I set up any additional interviews. If you let me know either way, that would be great! Thank you!"
AGREE...

"soNso" hehe
kelsey's kids 04:11 PM 01-08-2014
Thanks black cat that was awesome. You are such a great help.
daycare 04:12 PM 01-08-2014
I like what BC said and then go on to say

should you decide to move forward there will be a deposit of XXX due to hold your spot. We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Tags:interview, interview - follow up
Reply Up