Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>People Can Be So Rude
kayla 05:15 AM 03-26-2012
ughhh so this is my biggest pet peeve. You spend your weekend cleaning your home for these dcf to come back on monday. You have a sign on the door that says please take off your shoes in entry way, and they walk right by it tracking dirt in all through your house! What is wrong with these people?? can they not read??? Or they dont care??? This is my home and i would not walk into these peoples homes with my shoes on!!!! It is so rude and it never stops!!! Im at wits end, I think I will just let it get disgustingly dirty and if they ask I will just say oh well you never take your shoes off even though I have asked so i figured you just dont care!!!!
Breezy 05:39 AM 03-26-2012
Ugh that is so rude. I would never ever walk into anyone elses house without asking if I should take off my shoes!!
Kaddidle Care 05:41 AM 03-26-2012
Originally Posted by kayla:
ughhh so this is my biggest pet peeve. You spend your weekend cleaning your home for these dcf to come back on monday. You have a sign on the door that says please take off your shoes in entry way, and they walk right by it tracking dirt in all through your house! What is wrong with these people?? can they not read??? Or they dont care??? This is my home and i would not walk into these peoples homes with my shoes on!!!! It is so rude and it never stops!!! Im at wits end, I think I will just let it get disgustingly dirty and if they ask I will just say oh well you never take your shoes off even though I have asked so i figured you just dont care!!!!
That would just bother you if you did it. Start handing them the sweeper.
kayla 06:01 AM 03-26-2012
lol true it would bother me more than them... I guess i just dont get the nerve of some people...
littlemissmuffet 06:32 AM 03-26-2012
That would get an immediate written warning (skip the verbal) in my home. The next time, termination. I have absolutely zero tolerance for disrespect - and that exactly what this situation is about.

I always tell parents that this is my home before it is a business and I expect you treat it the same way you would treat anyone's home. If that means being disrespectful of it, I don't want you here.
AnneCordelia 07:17 AM 03-26-2012
I would (and have) say, "Sue, I would appreciate if you took your shoes off on the mat. Thanks."

That's all it takes.

If it doesn't work then next time say, "Sue, I really need you to take your shoes off on the mat."

Then if it doesn't work I would say, "Sue, I've asked a few times now and I really need you to take your shoes off on the mat. If every parent came into my home with dirty shoes then I would spend all my time cleaning and not where I'd rather be: caring for your children."

Anymore after that would get a term or at least an 'on probation' letter.
Childminder 07:24 AM 03-26-2012
I have written in my policies that this is a no shoe home and if they choose to walk off the mats with their shoes on I will choose to have then clean the floor. I have handed paper towels and/or broom and mop to more than one of them being my doctor that picks up his grandson.
Kim 08:05 AM 03-26-2012
I have a no shoe policy too and a pretty little sign right above the cubbies at the entrance.
For most parents they usually get it if I get the broom or vacuum out while they are still here and sweep up right behind them while asking them nicely to please not wear shoes past the little carpet at the door. You should really only have to remind them of the policy once. After that it's disrespect IMO.
For other parents that are repeat offenders I've had to be more firm and direct. It also has worked for me to mention it to the kids after mom or dad leave that they need to tell mom or dad not wear shoes in the house. It's kinda funny to watch when their 3 yr old is the one to remind them of my policies.
Soccermom 09:35 AM 03-26-2012
I am the same way as the previous post. I will follow ppl around with the broom until they get the hint. I keep it right beside my front door. I will sweep up and say sorry but I like to keep the floors clean for the little ones. I hate for them to have to walk around with dirty feet and socks all day. I will also leave a towel hanging in the winter and wipe up the water when dcps don't take their snow covered boots off. I will also say something like Oh, Oh, looks like Mommy forgot to take off her shoes. ________ what is one of our most important rules? The child will always remind the parent that they need to take off their shoes so the kids feet stay clean and dry. Works like a charm....although I often sound like a broken record.
Lucy 10:57 AM 03-26-2012
For me, I like to keep things as friendly as I can. I would see her in her shoes and say, "uh oh... don't forget your shoes!!" If I didn't see her and it happened before I could remind, I would get the cleaner and a towel and start scrubbing. She has no choice but to say "oh sorry" and hopefully would think twice next time.
Michael 01:01 PM 03-26-2012
This does not have to do with Daycare as much as it relates to rudeness. This is what someone wrote to my mother yesterday in the local online paper after she asked for volenteers to help paint city hall:

Victoria I thought you were dead by now? If not, why don't you organize the volunteers and paint the building yourself. All you do is get up to the podium and run your mouth but fail to put any grease behind your blabbering.

Better yet, you are rich with your fancy Ocean Ridge house - WE ALL KNOW YOU DO NOT LIVE IN BOYNTON ANY LONGER!!

YOU SHOULD PUT THE $75,000 WHERE YOUR MOUTH SINCE YOU ARE SO RICH WITH YOUR TWO SUPER RICH SONS.

Put up or shut up!
Barbara

Most of the other replies were so rude and negative. I hope this country can start to change the narrative on getting back to a more productive and civil environment.
Kaddidle Care 01:17 PM 03-26-2012
Originally Posted by Michael:
This does not have to do with Daycare as much as it relates to rudeness. This is what someone wrote to my mother yesterday in the local online paper after she asked for volenteers to help paint city hall:

Victoria I thought you were dead by now? If not, why don't you organize the volunteers and paint the building yourself. All you do is get up to the podium and run your mouth but fail to put any grease behind your blabbering.

Better yet, you are rich with your fancy Ocean Ridge house - WE ALL KNOW YOU DO NOT LIVE IN BOYNTON ANY LONGER!!

YOU SHOULD PUT THE $75,000 WHERE YOUR MOUTH SINCE YOU ARE SO RICH WITH YOUR TWO SUPER RICH SONS.

Put up or shut up!
Barbara

Most of the other replies were so rude and negative. I hope this country can start to change the narrative on getting back to a more productive and civil environment.
Dear Barbara,
Jealous much?

What a witchy woo - want me to hex her for ya?
(better yet, I found the article online - shall I respond as I did above?) :P
Blackcat31 01:21 PM 03-26-2012

Put up or shut up!
Barbara

Ooo, I would have a hard time NOT saying anything back in this case! I try REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY hard to get my mouth to cooperate with my brain but sometimes, my mouth just runs wild!

I would sooooooo love to meet this Barbara! I don't know either her or your mother but the rudeness in Barbara's message speaks volumes about her character!
Michael 01:22 PM 03-26-2012
Originally Posted by Kaddidle Care:
Dear Barbara,
Jealous much? What a witchy woo - want me to hex her for ya?
haha, no! Actually I feel bad for this person. We have become a country that is consumed with the "have and have not's". We really all have a lot to be thankful for here in America. Perception is everything.
Kaddidle Care 01:25 PM 03-26-2012
Well.. hopefully your Mum didn't see it.

This is why I hate politics. People will try to do the right thing and be charred for it. No good deed goes unpunished.
Heidi 01:31 PM 03-26-2012

Put up or shut up!
Barbara

Oh boy!
saved4always 05:12 PM 03-26-2012

Put up or shut up!
Barbara

Wow....that is all I can say....wow.... People have become so rude. I don't know how anyone could think it is EVER appropriate to say such rude things to or about anyone. And to be so hurtful in a paper like that.
Michael 09:23 PM 03-26-2012
Originally Posted by Kaddidle Care:
Well.. hopefully your Mum didn't see it.

This is why I hate politics. People will try to do the right thing and be charred for it. No good deed goes unpunished.
She's the one that sent it to me. Read the other comments if interested: http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/of...e#commentsList
Bella99 10:33 PM 03-26-2012
I've had this problem regularly in the past, until I got fed up. Now I stand at the door and give them enough room for them to step in. I'll wait there until they ask, then i'll reply with "We take off our shoes here" with a big, fake, smile.

Sugar Magnolia 05:33 PM 03-27-2012
Wow Michael. How did I miss this post? That is BEYOND rude, that is outrageous. Mean people suck. Kharma, Barbara. Blech. Dislike. Booooo. Thanks Victoria, for being civic minded. If your project was on my coast, I'd help.
rhondawarren 09:57 AM 03-28-2012
Originally Posted by kayla:
People do not care ... that pretty much sums it up. I learned that last week after talking to a parent about how much stuff her son was tearing up in my home. She acted as if she could really care less.
Tags:rude
Reply Up